Export Inspection Council of India invited applications for recruitment to 42 various vacancies. The eligible candidates can apply before 15 May 2013. EIC was set up by the Government of India under Section 3 of the Export (Quality Control and Inspection) Act, 1963 (22 of 1963), in order to ensure sound development of export trade of India through Quality Control and Inspection and for matters connected thereof.
Last Date for Receipt of Application: 15 May 2013
Details of Post
1. Asst Director (Tech): 06 Posts
2. Technical Officer: 06 Posts
3. Jr. Scientific Asst: 03 Posts
4. Laboratory Asst: 07 Posts
5. Assistant Director: 01 Post
6. Section Officer: 01 Post
7. Office Assistant: 02 Posts
8. Accountant: 02 Posts
9. Clerk Grade II/LDC: 12 Posts
10. Staff Car Driver: 02 Posts
Total Number of Vacancies: 42
- Candidate’s age should be between 25 to 35 years for Post 1, 2, 5 & 6
- 20 to 30 years for post 3, 7, 8
- And 18 to 25 years for remaining posts. Age relaxation is applicable as per rules.
- Asst Director (Tech): Degree in Engineering/Technology or Post Graduate in Science or its equivalent and 5 years experience in inspection and /or testing in the fields of Chemistry, Food Science & Technology, Fisheries, Veterinary Science and Computers/ IT.
- Technical Officer: Degree in Engineering / Technology / Degree in Science (preferably Honours / Post Graduate) or equivalent with 03 years experience in inspection and / or testing in the fields of Chemistry, Food Science & Technology, Fisheries, Veterinary Science and Computers / IT.
- Jr. Scientific Asst: Degree in Engineering / Technology; Degree in Science (preferably Honours / Post Graduate) or Diploma in Engineering / Technology or equivalent with experience in testing / inspection in the field of Chemistry or Microbiology.
- Laboratory Asst: High School or equivalent with Science subjects and 01 year experience in food testing.
- Assistant Director: Degree or equivalent with 05 years experience in administration.
- Section Officer: Degree or equivalent with 05 years experience in a Government / Semi-Government /Autonomous Body /Private organization of repute of which 2 years must be in supervisory capacity with knowledge of Government rules and procedures.
- Office Assistant: Degree or equivalent with 02 years experience in administration/accounts work of a Govt. Department or a commercial organization of repute or technical establishment.
- Accountant: Degree preferably in Commerce or equivalent with 2 years experience in Accounts of a Government Department/commercial organization of repute / a technical establishment.
- Clerk Grade II/LDC: High School or equivalent with typing speed 30 w.p.m. in Hindi or English. Preference will be given to the candidates having proficiency in both.
- Staff Car Driver: Motor Car Driving License. Experience in driving Heavy/Light Vehicle.
- Applicants need to pay application fee of Rs. 500/- in form of Demand Draft / Pay Order drawn in favour of ‘Export Inspection Council of India’ payable at New Delhi for each post.
- SC/ ST/ PH/ EXSM/ Women/ EIC/ EIA Departmental Candidates are exempted from payment of fee.
- PB- 3 Rs 15,600-39100 +Grade Pay Rs 5400/- for post 1 & 5.
- PB- 2 Rs 9300-34800 +Grade Pay Rs 4200/- for post 2, 3, 7 & 8
- PB- 1 Rs 5200-20200 +Grade Pay Rs 1900/- for post 4, 9 & 10
- PB- 2 Rs 9300-34800 +Grade Pay Rs 4600/- for post 6
Candidate selection will be based on Written Test and Interview.
How to apply
Eligible candidates may send their application in prescribed format along with all relevant documents and super scribe the name of the post applied for on the envelope covers and send to the below address:
Export Inspection Council of India,
3rd Floor, NDYMCA Cultural Centre Building,
1 Jai Singh Road,
New Delhi - 110 001