When it comes to prepare for the board exams and score optimum marks, students are generally advised to follow the NCERT books. These books are developed and published by the National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) for all subjects from Class I to XII. Contents of these books are concise and, easy to read and understand which helps students clear all the basic concepts.
Here, we will discuss a few queries of student regarding the importance of NCERT books. We are also providing satisfactory answers to all these queries so as to help students get on the right track while they prepare for their board exams or any other competitive exams.
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers (FAQs) about the NCERT Books:
1. Are NECRT books enough to score more than 80% marks in class 10 or 12 board exams?
Ans. Marks scored by any student totally depend upon his/her preparation and performance during the examination. NCERT books would definitely make you strong in the fundamentals, which would ultimately help you correctly answer the various questions asked in exams. But to grasp the information given in NCERTs, students are advised to stay focused and attentive.
2. How to read NCERT books more effectively?
Given below are the important techniques which must be followed while reading the NCERT books in an effective manner:
- Read each topic thoroughly by understanding the meaning and significance of each line involved in that particular topic.
Wherever you find any topic complex or difficult to understand, take help from you teacher to clear the doubts.
- Note down the important stuff to revise at the time of examination.
- Solve all the exercise questions given at the end of each chapter. These questions are not only important for examination but are also essential for understanding the concepts in a better way.
3. Do I need to make notes of NCERT books?
Ans. Notes prove to be of great help during the examinations when you need to revise the whole syllabus in less time. So, while reading a chapter from NCERT book, it’s essential to jot down all the important terms, definitions and formulae in the form of revision notes.
4. How to make good notes from NCERT books?
Ans. When you want to make notes from NCERT book, it’s not like that you read something and write it on the notebook. You should read and understand each topic and then make notes of important points.
- Read a passage, page or particular topic properly.
- Understand it.
- Note down the same in your own language in the summarised form.
- Wherever needed, use diagrams in your notes for quick learning.
5. Is it necessary to solve all the NCERT questions given at the end of each chapter?
The questions and answers given in NCERT textbooks at the end of each chapter are quite important not only for examination but also for understanding the concepts in a better way. These questions are provided to test the students' understanding and learning over the topics that they have learned in the chapter.
Solving the NCERT exercise problems will help you
- clear all the concepts and formulae you learned in a chapter
- familiarise with different types of questions that might be asked in exams
- get enough practice which is key to succeed in Mathematics exam
- improve your accuracy and speed
6. How does the textbook help in competitive exams like JEE and AIPMT?
Ans. Most of the competitive exams like NEET, JEE etc. follow NCERT books for designing their question papers. Moreover most of the competitive exams are based on the CBSE syllabus applied in secondary and higher secondary classes and NCERT books strictly adhere to the CBSE syllabus. In addition to this, NCERT books play vital role in clearing out the theoretical concepts. Each topic given in NCERT books is explained in a way to help students make their basics and fundamentals strong. That is why students are suggested to read the NCERT books thoroughly while preparing for all the engineering or medical entrance exams.
7. Where can I get the correct and reliable solutions for the NCERT books?
Ans. You can get the detailed and accurate NCERT solutions for classes 4th to 12th on jagranjosh.com. All the NCERT Solutions have been prepared by subject experts and are best for exam preparations.
You may get the NCERT Books and NCERT solutions from links provided below:
NCERT Solutions for Class 4 Maths
NCERT Book for Class 7 Science