1. What is the most common type of debris that litters our oceans?
b) Plastic beverage bottles
d) Food packaging
The correct answer is c) Cigerettes
2. Which sector is the single-largest consumer of fresh water in India?
The correct answer is d) Agriculture
3. The GAP (Ganga Action Plan) – a project to clean up the polluted waters of the Ganga - plans to intercept and divert municipal sewage falling into the river from 25 large urban conglomerates in thee states. Name them.
a) UP, Haryana and Punjab
b) UP, Bihar and West Bengal
c) Himachal Pradesh, UP, and Haryana
d) Orissa , Bihar and West Bengal
The correct answer is b) UP, Bihar and West Bengal
4. 70% of our atmospheric oxygen (nearly 3 out of 4 breathes you take anywhere on the planet) is due to:
b) Boreal forest
c) Photosynthesizing ocean organisms
d) None of these
The correct answer is c) Photosynthesizing ocean organisms
5. There are three kinds of deserts in India: sand desert, salt desert, and cold desert. One of the states has a cold desert. Name it.
a) Jammu and Kashmir
b) Himachal Pradesh
The correct answer is a) Jammu and Kashmir
6. We all know that the Kaziranga sanctuary is a place where rhinos can live safely away from hunters. What is the term used for such careful use and protection of nature?
The correct answer is d) Conservation
7. By 2100 AD, global temperature is expected to rise by about 2 °C and consequently, the sea level by about 50 cm from the present level. How is a rise in temperature expected to increase the level of the sea?
a) By expanding ocean water
b) By melting mountain glaciers
c) By causing ice sheets of Antarctica and Greenland to melt and slide into the oceans
d) All of the above
The correct answer is d) All of the above
8. Which is the most common non-commercial biological fuel in a large number of developing countries?
a) Animal dung
b) Crop residue
The correct answer is d) Fuelwood
9. Garbage can be put under four categories: organic, toxic, soiled, and recyclable. Of the organic waste, this forms an important part.
a) Plastic bags
b) Vegetable peels
The correct answer is b) Vegetable peels
10. World Wildlife Fund was founded in :
The correct answer is a) 1961
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.