- World Trade Organisation (WTO) on 14 April 2014 projected that the world trade will grow by 4.7 percent in 2014. It also projected that the growth in 2015 will slightly be faster at 5.3 percent, which is 20 year average growth rate.
- SEBI on 17 April 2014 issued detailed corporate governance norms for listed companies.SEBI has amended clauses 35B and 49 of the listing agreement and the new rules will be effective from 1 October 2014.
- The Basel Committee on Banking Supervision on 15 April 2014 issued Final standards for measuring and controlling large exposures of banks to customers. These standards will take effect from 1 January 2019.
- Amadeus-Oxford Economics report titled Shaping the Future of Travelwas released on 2 April 2014. As per the report India, China and other emerging economies like Brazil and Russia will lead the growth in global aviation market over the next 10 years.
- A giant torch was unveiled on 17 April 2014 in honour of Indian spiritual leader Chinmoy Kumar Ghose in New York, USA. Torch unveiled is a replica of the Olympic torch. The 25 foot tall torch was unveiled by Ashrita Furman.
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, the Nobel laureate in literature died at the age of 87 in Mexico on 17 April 2014. He was born in Colombia in 1927 and received the Nobel Prize in 1982 for literature.
- Randstad Awards 2014 was announced on 17 April 2014 to encourage best practices for talent attraction and to identify the best Employer Brand in the country based on perceived attractiveness of a company.
- Admiral Robin K Dhowan on 17 April 2014 took over as the 22nd Chief of Indian Navy. At the time of being appointed as the chief of Navy, he was serving the Indian Navy as its acting Naval Chief.
- The 61st National Film Awards for 2013 was announced in New Delhi on 16 April 2014 by the Directorate of Film Festivals. Ship of Theseus directed by Anand Gandhi was selected as the Best feature film.
- Piramal Enterprises Ltd decided on 17 April 2014 to acquire 20 percent stake in Shriram Capital Ltd for 20.14 billion rupees.
- Union Cabinet on 16 April 2014 approved the appointment of Narendra Kothari as full time Chairman of the state-run miner National Mineral Development Corporation (NMDC).
- Google on 14 April 2014 bought Titan Aerospace, a maker of high-altitude solar-powered drones. It has acquired the drone making company to bring internet access to the remotest parts of the world and also to solve problems related to it.
- Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) reduced its stake in Infosys by 3.25% by selling its shares worth 850 crore rupees. During the October-December quarter 2013, it held 3.71% stake in Infosys.
- Abdelaziz Bouteflika won the Presidency for the fourth time consecutively in Algeria on 18 April 2014. He belongs to National Liberation Front party. He won the presidential election with a huge 81 percent of the vote. In 2008, he won the elections with 90 percent of the vote.
- Russia, Ukraine and West (US and European Union) signed a surprise deal to ease Ukrainian Crisis. The deal was signed in Geneva on 17 April 2014.
“Jagran Josh also helps to get information about Top MBA Institutes based upon your choice of Location and Specialization. Click here to get details & the Best Seller “MBA Pedia” eBook, absolutely FREE.