- Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitely on 27 February 2015 presented Economic Survey of India 2014-15 in the Parliament.
- ailway Minister Suresh Prabhu on 26 February 2015 presented his maiden Rail Budget 2015-16 in the Lok Sabha. This was also the second rail budget of the Narendra Modi-led NDA government.
- Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu on 26 February 2015 presented the Railway Budget 2015-16 in the Lok Sabha. The Budget plans to invest around 8 lakh crore rupees over the next 5 year to rejuvenate the Indian Railways.
- National Science Day was observed in India on 28 February 2015. The theme for the National Science Day 2015 was Science for Nation Building
- Indian-origin lawyer Kannan Ramesh was on 27 February 2015 appointed as Judicial Commissioner to Singapore’s Supreme Court bench with effect from 22 May 2015. He will serve the office for two years.
- Words Ride-share and unboxing were added to Oxford dictionary on 27 February 2015. These words were added along with other words like bioprinting and vishing.
- Indian Navy on 27 February 2015 concluded its Theatre Level Readiness and Operational Exercise (TROPEX)-2015. The event encompassed all dimensions of maritime warfare.
- Eighth International Rare Disease Day was observed globally on 28 February 2015. The Rare Disease Day annually takes place on the last day of February.
- Kshatrapati Shivaji was on 27 February 2015 appointed as the Chairman and Managing Director (MD) of Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI). Shivaji was appointed on deputation basis for a period of three years.
- Justice Amitava Roy was sworn in as a judge of the Supreme Court (SC) on 27 February 2015. Prior to this, he served as the Chief Justice of Odisha High Court.
- Evgeniy Mikhailovich Bogachev, one of the world’s most prolific cyber criminal from Russia, was in news recently.
- Wipro on 19 February 2015 won seven awards at the third annual edition of the CIO Choice Honour and Recognition 2015. The awards were given to Wipro to recognise the customer satisfaction and endorsement by the CIO community.
- Ratan Tata was honoured on 26 February 2015 with an honorary Doctorate of Automotive Engineering by the Clemson University at the South Carolina Automotive Summit.
- Indian-American Ravi Chaudhary was on 24 February 2015 appointed as Executive Director for Regions and Centre Operations at Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). Under this key position, Chaudhary will oversee aviation operations in nine different regions.
- Bharat Puri was on 27 February 2015 appointed as Managing Director of Pidilite Industries Limited with effect from 10 April 2015. Bharat Puri was the independent director of the company since 2008.
- Ericsson on 26 February 2015 sued Apple for telecom patent infringement. Ericsson filed two complaints with the International Trade Commission (ITC) and seven complaints in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas against Apple.
- Tech giant International Business Machines Corporation (IBM) on 23 February 2015 tied-up with IT services major Tech Mahindra Limited to build a platform for the development of cloud-based apps for its clients to increase hybrid services adoption.
- Lenovo was on 24 February 2015 sued by unhappy customers over the Superfish adware. The adware apparently makes PCs susceptible to malware attacks.
- The National Stock Exchange (NSE) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on 26 February 2015 with the Gujarat International Finance Tec-City (GIFT) to establish an international exchange in Gujarat. The MoU was signed in the presence of Gujarat Finance Minister Saurabh Patel.
- A District Court of Texas in the United States ordered the tech giant Apple on 25 February 2015 to pay 532.9 million US dollar in damages for willful patent infringement.
- Self-drive car rental service Zoomcar on 25 February 2015 tied-up with automaker Tata Motors Limited to add 50 more new Nano cars to its fleet. These new cars will be split between Pune and Bengaluru.
- Google on 24 February 2015 acquired Facebook mobile marketing startup Toro. Toro Company is best known for its Facebook ad campaigns. The financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.
- Hitachi Limited on 23 February 2015 announced to acquire Finmeccanica Rail Businesses for 2 billion US dollar.
- Takahiro Hachigo was on 23 February 2015 appointed as the President and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Japanese automaker Honda Motor Co. Limited with effect from June 2015.
- Maheshwar Sahu was on 20 February 2015 appointed as an Independent Director on the board of Mukesh Ambani led Reliance Industries Limited (RIL). He is a retired IAS officer.
- Union Government blocked private email network like Yahoo and Gmail for official work. The aim of the move is to monitor staff's online activities.
- The Supreme Court on 26 February 2015 held that a person can be accorded Scheduled Caste (SC) status on his re-conversion to Hinduism. The status can be accorded if the person is accepted by people of his caste and he proves that before converting either he or his forefathers previously belonged to SC caste
- Union Finance Minister, Arun Jaitley on 28 February 2015 presented Union Budget 2015-16 in the Lok Sabha. This was the first full year Budget of the NDA government,
- China on 28 February 2015 launched a massive Silk Road Infrastructure project worth 79.8 billion US dollars in the northwest province of Gansu. The project was launched as a part of China’s ambitious Silk Route plan.
- Parliament of Jamaica on 25 February 2015 passed a law to decriminalise the possession of small amount of marijuana up to 57 grams for personal use.
- The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) of the United States (US) on 26 February 2015 voted to implement the Net Neutrality Rules.
- Forbes on 26 February 2015 released Asia’s 50 Power Businesswomen 2015 list. The list features six Indian women CEO and Managing Director (MD).
- Russia and on 25 February 2015 signed an agreement to give Russian navy ships access to Cypriot ports in the Mediterranean Sea. Russian ships that will dock at Cypriot ports would mostly be used in counter-terrorism and anti-piracy efforts.
- The United States (US) on 24 February 2015 announced that it would allow work permits to spouses of H-1B visa holders from 26 May 2015.
- AB de Villiers, the Captain of South Africa cricket team, on 26 February 2015 hit the fastest-ever 150 runs in one-day internationals (ODIs). He achieved this feat in the league match against West Indies in ICC Cricket World Cup 2015 at Sydney, Australia.
- Former New Zealand cricket captain Martin David Crowe on 28 February 2015 was inducted into the ICC Cricket Hall of Fame.
- Ranchi Rays on 23 February 2015 crowned champions of Hero Hockey India League 2015 (HHIL) by defeating Jaypee Punjab Warriors.
- Chris Gayle, the Cricketer of West Indies on 24 February 2015 became the first person to make double century in any Cricket World Cup. He struck 202 off 138 balls in a match against Zimbabwe in World Cup 2015.
- The Union Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports on 23 February 2015 revised the National Sports Awards Schemes. The ministry revamped the Schemes of Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award, Arjuna Award, Dhyan Chand Award and Dronacharya Awards.