- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) 26 November 2014 eased gold imports and scrapped 20:80 scheme. The decision to withdraw the 20:80 scheme will cut smuggling of gold and raise legal shipments into India.
- The Reserve Bank of India on 28 November 2014 issued final guidelines for the Bharat Bill Payment System (BBPS). The system will help consumers pay multiple bills like electricity, telephone and school fees at a single point of transaction.
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on 26 November 2014 decided to sell worth 2000 crore rupees government bonds through Open Market Operations (OMOs) to squeeze the liquidity in the market.
- State Bank of India (SBI) Mutual Fund (MF) announced on 26 November 2014 that it will launch Shariah Equity Fund on 1 December 2014. The fund is aimed at attracting investments from Muslim populations of India.
- Book titled Letters for a Nation written by Jawaharlal Nehru & Madhav Khosla was published by Allen Lane an imprint of Penguin Books on 15 October 2014.
- The 37th Jamnalal Bajaj Foundation Awards for the year 2014 were presented on 28 November 2014 during a ceremony held at Jamshed Bhabha Theatre, NCPA in Mumbai.
- The book titled Your Dreams Are Mine Now: She Showed him What Love was authored by Ravinder Singh was released on 20 November 2014.
- The book titled Black Tornado: The Three Sieges of Mumbai 26/11 authored by Sandeep Unnithan was released on 23 November 2014.
- President of India Pranab Mukherjee penned a book titled The Dramatic Decade: The Indira Gandhi Years. The book has been published by Rupa and will be released on 11 December 2014.
- Biography titled My Name is Abu Salem was released on 16 November 2014. Biography on underworld gangster Abu Salem has been written by S Hussain Zaidi and published by Penguin.
- Bharti Airtel on 26 November 2014 launched 4G service in Seychelles. This is the first commercial LTE (Long Term Evolution) network of Airtel in Africa.
- Japan based Nippon Life Insurance on 26 November 2014 announced to hike its stake in Anil Ambani-led Reliance Capital Asset Management (RCAM) from 26 percent to 49 percent. As part of it, Nippon will invest 675 crore rupees for the first tranche of 9 percent stake in RCAM.
- Kotak Mahindra Bank on 25 November 2014 became first bank in India to fully own an insurance business after Reserve Bank of India (RBI) gave permission to set up a wholly-owned non-life insurance company called Kotak General Insurance.
- Rupert Murdoch led News Corp on 25 November 2014 acquired 25 percent stake in PropTiger.com for 185 crore rupees.
- Adani Power 24 November 2014 signed a binding agreement with Gautam Thapar-led Avantha Group to buy its Korba West Power Co Ltd (KWPCL) unit. Adani will buy the 600 MW coal based power plant unit of Avantha group in at 4200 crore rupees. The 600-MW’s coal based power plant is at Korba in Chhattisgarh.
- Housing finance company DHFL on 20 November 2014 announced to name Shah Rukh Khan as its brand ambassador.
- German sportswear major Adidas on 23 November 2014 appointed Tushar Gokuldas as Brand Director, Emerging Markets. The appointment will come into effect from 1 March 2015.
- Adani Welspun Exploration (AWEL) on 23 November 2014 announced to invest 1.5 billion US dollar in US shale and Canadian oil sands assets. AWEL is the joint venture between Gautam Adani led Adani Group and towel-to-pipe conglomerate Welspun led by B K Goenka.
- Jignesh Shah on 20 November 2014 resigned as the Managing Director (MD) and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Financial Technologies (India) Ltd (FTIL). The decision was taken at the Board meeting of FTIL where the board was reconstituted.
- Many people were killed in a bomb attack on a mosque at Kano in Nigeria on 28 November 2014. Two suicide bombers blew themselves up and gunmen opened fire on a Muslim congregation at Friday prayers in the central mosque in northern Nigeria's largest city of Kano.
- Major General Gadi Eizenkot on 29 November 2014 was appointed as the 21st Chief of Staff of the Israel Defence Forces (IDF).
- Book titled Next China-India War - World's First Water War – 2029 authored by former Army chief General Sundarajan Padmanabhan was released in October 2014.
- 18th South Asian Association of Regional Cooperation (SAARC) summit was held at Rastriya Sabha Griha Sanandan Raj in Kathmandu, Nepal from 26 November 2014 to 27 November 2014.
- External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj visited United Arab Emirates from 10 November to 12 November 2014 at the invitation of UAE Foreign Minister Sheikh Abdullah Bin Zayed Al Nahyan.
- Union Government on 28 November 2014 nominated Rajiv Mehrishi as a Director on the Central Board of Directors of Reserve Bank of India.
- NASA celebrated the 50th anniversary of its first mission to Mars, Mariner 4 mission on 28 November 2014. Mariner 4 mission launched on 28 November 1964 was the NASA’s first successful journey to Mars.
- Two Indians authors namely Jhumpa Lahiri and Writer critic Shamsur Rahman Faruqi were among the list of five authors shortlisted for DSC Prize for the year 2015. The shortlist for 2015 was announced on 27 November 2014.
- Former Uttar Pradesh chief secretary Anoop Mishra was on 26 November 2014 appointed as new Secretary General of the Lok Sabha. He was appointed by Lok Sabha Speaker Sumitra Mahajan.
- Indian dairy sector majors decided to celebrate 26 November as National Milk Day to mark the 93rd birth anniversary of Father of White Revolution, Dr. Verghese Kurien.
- Cricketing fraternity as well as cricket fans paid their tribute to 25-year-old Australian cricketer Phillip Hughes on twitter by using hashtags#putoutyourbats.
- Michael Phelps was crowned Male Athlete of the Year at the 2014 USA Swimming Golden Goggle Awards on 24 November 2014. He was crowned with the title for a fifth time.
- United Nations (UN) Women on 25 November 2014 announced the appointment of Indian tennis superstar and youth icon, Sania Mirza, as its Goodwill Ambassador for South Asia.