- Union Government on 30 January 2015 divested 10 percent of its stake in Maharatna Coal India Limited (CIL). With this, government’s share in CIL came down to 79.65 percent.
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on 30 January 2015 constituted a High Powered Committee to re-examine and recommend appropriate set of businesses, size, conversion and licensing terms for the Urban Cooperative Banking (UCB) Sector.
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on Supervisory Cooperation and Exchange of Supervisory Information with Brazil’s Central Bank, Banco Central do Brasil (BCB) on 26 December 2014.
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on 23 January 2015 simplified procedure for External Commercial Borrowings (ECB) Policy.
- Trade deficit of India declined to ten month low of 9.43 billion US dollars in December 2014. The data was released by the Union Ministry of Commerce & Industry on 15 January 2015.
- Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) on 19 January 2015 inked a Memorandum of Collaboration (MoC) with Pan-IIT (Indian Institutes of Technology) to work towards a collective R&D Programme for Developing Indigenous Technologies to enhance Exploration and Exploitation of Hydrocarbons and Alternate Sources of Energy.
- A fighter aircraft of the Indian Air Force (IAF) MiG 21 crashed at Rasoolnagar area near Bed village of Jamnagar district of Gujarat on 31 January 2015. No casualty was reported in the crash as the pilot managed to eject himself safely.
- 18th National Conference on e-Governance was held in Gandhinagar, Gujarat from 30 January 2015 to 31 January 2015.
- The Commemorative Postage stamps on the theme of Swachh Bharat Mission were released on 30 January 2015 at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi to mark the Martyrdom Day of Mahatma Gandhi.
- Kanagasabapathy J Sripavan was on 30 January 2015 sworn in as 44th Chief Justice of Sri Lanka. His appointment was approved by Sri Lanka’s President Maithripala Sirisena.
- Krishna Chaudhary was appointed as the Director General (DG) of the Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) on 30 January 2015. Chaudhary, an IPS officer of 1979-batch Bihar cadre will be in office till June 2017.
- Eminent scientist Hanumanthu Purushotham took charge as Chairman and Managing Director (CMD) of National Research Development Corporation (NRDC). He took over the charge in the fourth week of January 2015.
- The entertainment platform of Eros International Media, ErosNow on 28 January 2015 tied-up with RailTel Corporation of India Limited (RailTel) to provide Streaming Services to Rail Passengers through Eros broadband.
- Kunal Jeswani was on 27 January 2015 appointed as the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Ogilvy & Mather India with effect from 1 March 2015. The post of CEO was lying vacant since 2008 when the then CEO Pratap Bose resigned.
- Steve Easterbrook was on 28 January 2015 appointed as the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of McDonald’s Corporation with effect from 1 March 2015.
- Apple Inc on 27 January 2015 recorded highest quarterly profit of 18 billion US dollar. The company sold 74.5 million iPhones in quarter ending December 2014.
- Online restaurant search service provider Zomato Media Pvt Ltd on 29 January 2015 acquired Turkish company Mekanist for an undisclosed sum.
- S Lakshminarayanan was on 29 January 2015 appointed as Chairman of Shriram Transport Finance Co. Ltd (STFC), India’s largest truck financing company.
- United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP) on 19 January 2015 released World Economic Situation and Prospects (WESP) 2015 report.
- Alexis Tsipras on 26 January 2015 was sworn in as the Prime Minister (PM) of Greece by President Karolos Papoulias at Maximos Mansion, the PM’s official residence and office.
- United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) on 29 January 2015 released Global Investment Trend Monitor Report. The report provides the global investments trend in 2014 and prospects of global investments in 2015.
- India-US on 25 January 2015 declared Joint Strategic Vision for the Asia-Pacific and Indian Ocean Region. The joint vision was signed during the visit of US President Barack Obama.
- Dubai’s Maze Tower was on 21 January 2015 listed in the Guinness World Record for being the world’s largest vertical maze. The maze tower was built by Al Rostamani Group of Dubai.
- Wing Commander Pooja Thakur on 25 January 2015 became the first lady officer to lead the Inter-Service Guard of Honour for a major visiting dignitary at the Rashtrapati Bhavan
- Poetess Arundhathi Subramaniam on 24 January 2015 won the inaugural Khushwant Singh Memorial Prize for Poetry at Jaipur Literature Festival. She was awarded for her work When God is a Traveller.
- K Durga Prasad was appointed as the Special Director General (DG) of the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) on 27 January 2015. Prasad, an IPS officer of 1981 batch from Andhra Pradesh cadre will be in office for next three years or till further orders are given.
- Renowned music composer and actor Shekhar Sen was on 29 January 2015 appointed as the Chairman of the Sangeet Natak Akademi (SNA). He was appointed for a term of 5 years with immediate effect.
- Union Ministry of Road Transport & Highways (MoRTH) on 28 January 2015 launched Website, Logo, Vision and Mission of National Highways and Infrastructure Development Corporation Limited (NHIDCL).
- Union Cabinet on 28 January 2015 approved Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on Tourism between India and Oman.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 22 January 2015 launched a small deposit scheme Sukanya Samridhi Yojana for girl child under the Beti Bachao Beti Padhao (BBBP) campaign.
- Novak Djokovic and Serena Williams won the men’s and women’s single title, respectively in Australian Open 2015 played in Melbourne, Australia. Indo-Swiss pair Leander Paes and Martina Hingis was the winner in mixed category.
- Former Dutch National Hockey team coach Paul van Ass was on 30 January 2015 appointed as the head Coach of Indian men's hockey team. He succeeded Terry Walsh of Australia.
- The amount of award money for medal winners in Olympic Games (summer and winter) has been enhanced from existing 50 lakh rupees (gold medal), 30 lakh rupees (silver medal) and 20 lakh rupees (bronze medal) to 75 lakh rupees, 50 lakh rupees and 30 lakh rupees respectively.
- ICC lifted the five-year ban imposed on Mohammad Amir who was jailed and banned for a spot fixing scam along with Mohammad Asif and Salman Butt during Pakistan’s tour of England in 2010.
- Sean Abbott named as Australia’s young cricketer of the Year 2015. Steve Smith received the Allan Border Medal and was named as Test and ODI player of the year.