- The Union Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) and the International Labour Organization (ILO) on 3 November 2014 signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to support the Make in India Initiative of Union Government.
- Global rating agency Standard & Poor on 3 November 2014 lowered credit rating of state-owned Indian Overseas Bank (IOB) to speculative grade.
- Union Cabinet on 29 October 2014 approved the proposal to amend Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) policy in construction and real estate sectors. The proposals came in the backdrop of depleting FDI inflows in construction and real sector in last few years.
- CMP founder and leader Melathu Veettil Raghavan died on 9 November 2014. He died due to Parkinsons disease. He was 81. He was the founder of Communist Marxist Party (CMP) in Kerala.
- The electrical equipment maker Havells India Limited group chairman Qimat Rai Gupta passed away on 7 November 2014. He was 77.
- H-TRIMS project was in news in November 2014. Hyderabad has found an intelligent way to manage the traffic problems in the city in a smart way by using H-TRIMS (Hyderabad Traffic Integrated Management System).
- Senior IRS officer Anita Kapur was on 5 November 2014 appointed as the new chairperson of the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT), the apex authority of the Income-Tax Department. She succeeded K V Chowdary who retired on 31 October 2014.
- Mumbai recorded the largest number of internet users in India in 2014. This was revealed by a study conducted by the Internet & Mobile Association of India (IAMAI) and released on 4 November 2014.
- Shubam Banerjee, the inventor of the Braille printer Braigo v2.0, which promises to be world’s cheapest and lightest Braille printer, was in news recently due to coming close to becoming the youngest venture-capital backed entrepreneur of Silicon Valley in California. He is 13.
- Sanjay Baweja was on 5 November 2014 appointed as the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) of e-retailer Flipkart. The post of CFO was vacant in the company since 2013.
- Rakesh Kapoor, the India-born Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the UK-headquartered Reckitt Benckiser Group Plc, recently said that he was influenced by the Swachh Bharat Campaign launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 2 October 2014.
- Consumer healthcare firm Johnson & Johnson Pte Ltd on 7 November 2014 acquired ready-to-drink electrolyte brand ORSL from Bangalore-based Jagdale Industries Ltd for an undisclosed sum.
- Burger King partnered with eBay to launch its burgers online in India on 3 November 2014.
- Riverbed Technology on 4 November 2014 announced the launch of its two flagship products named Riverbed SteelHead 9.0 and Riverbed SteelCentral AppResponse 9.5.
- The Chinese e-commerce giant Alibaba Group-backed Quixey announced on 6 November 2014 that it will be buying Bengaluru-based mobile application start-up Dexetra. The acquisition by Quixey is worth 10-15 million US dollars (60-90 crore rupees).
- Tata Literature Live! Survey 2014 released found that 78 percent of the population across India still prefers Printed books over E-books. That is, four out of five people in India still prefers printed words.
- Jet Airways Cargo banned shipment of shark fins and committed to protect marine ecosystem. This was revealed by a press release from Human Society International (HSI), India on 6 November 2014.
- Chinese PC maker Lenovo completed the acquisition of Motorola Mobility from Google on 30 October 2014. The deal, valued at 2.91 billion US dollars, was announced in February 2014.
- Airtel on 5 November 2014 called off the 700 crore rupees deal with Loop Mobile. Airtel had signed the deal with Loop Mobile in February 2014 to buy the company's business and assets in Mumbai.
- The mortgage financier HDFC became the first listed Indian company among the 30 SENSEX firms to have more than 75 percent shareholding by Foreign Institutional Investors (FIIs).
- Wreckage of a Chinese warship that sank 120 years ago during the first Sino-Japanese War (1 August 1894 – 17 April 1895) was discovered in the first week of November 2014.
- Scientists from the University of Texas on 4 November 2014 confirmed that the World’s first inhalable Ebola vaccine passed animal tests.
- Indian-American Nikki Haley on 4 November 2014 won second term as South Carolina Governor. She was declared elected with an impressive 57.8 per cent of the votes. She defeated her rival Vincent Sheheen with less than 40 per cent of the votes.
- The Italian physicist Fabiola Gianotti on 4 November 2014 was appointed as first woman chief of CERN particle physics research centre.
- Goa Chief Minister Manohar Gopalkrishna Prabhu Parrikar on 8 November 2014 resigned from his position.
- Indian-origin British politician Nigel Keith Anthony Standish Vaz known as Keith Vaz was on 6 November 2014 named as the Labour MP of the year 2014.
- The President of India Pranab Mukherjee on 5 November 2014 presented the Standing Conference of Public Enterprises (SCOPE) Meritorious Awards at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 5 November 2014 adopted Jayapur village in Varanasi under Saansad Adarsh Gram Yojana (SAGY). Varanasi is the Lok Sabha constituency of PM Narendra Modi.
- Sachin Tendulkar’s autobiographyPlaying It My Way was launched on 5 November 2014 in Mumbai.
- The Hockey India chief Narinder Batra on 4 November 2014 was awarded the prestigious President's Award by the International Hockey Federation (FIH) at Morocco.
- Indian Hockey team on 9 November 2014 won four match Men's Hockey Test series against Australia by 3-1.
- Indian cricketer Virat Kohli on 9 November 2014 became the fastest cricketer in the history to reach 6000 one-day international run mark.
- Real Madrid forward Cristiano Ronaldo received his 2013-14 European Golden Boot award on 5 November 2014 at the Meliá Castilla hotel in Madrid. The Portuguese star was awarded for being joint top-goal scorer last season in Europe along with Luis Suarez, having hit 31 goals.
- Sri Lankan cricket captain Angelo Mathews on 5 November 2014 was named as captain of the ICC Test Team of the Year 2014.
- Indian cricket captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni on 5 November 2014 was named as the captain of ICC ODI Team of the Year 2014. He has been selected in the ICC ODI team of the year for the eight time (seventh year in a row), while fifth year as a captain of the team.
- India fast bowler Bhuvneshwar Kumar on 5 November 2014 won LG People’s Choice Award 2014.