- The World Bank on 9 April 2014 projected that the economic growth rate of India for the fiscal year 2014-2015 will be 5.7 percent. In its forecast the World Bank said that the growth would be backed on the more competitive exchange rate and many large investments going forward.
- Piramal Enterprises announced on 10 April 2014 to sell its equity stake to Vodafone India for 8900 crore rupees. The deal values Vodafone India at Rs 1960 per share.
- Ratan Tata on 10 April 2014 received the Knight Grand Cross (GBE)award by UK Government. GBE is one of the highest civilian honour of Britain. The award was given by Queen Elizabeth II.
- The Union Ministry of Information and Broadcasting announced on 12 April 2014 that poet and film lyricist Gulzar was selected for the Dadasaheb Phalke Award 2013.
- President of India on 11 April 2014 appointed Justice Rajendra Mal Lodha as Next Chief Justice of India. Justice Lodha will take his charge from 27 April 2014. He will be the 41st Chief Justice of India.
- British-American physicist Stuart Parkin won Millennium Technology Prize 2014 for discoveries leading to a thousand-fold increase in digital data storage on magnetic disks. The Prize is worth of 1 million euro.
- INS Vikrant, the decommissioned aircraft carrier of the Indian Navy has been sold for 60 crore rupees in first week of April 2014 to a company named IB Commercial Pvt Ltd. INS Vikrant.
- European Court of Justice (ECJ) on 8 April 2014 struck down the EU Data Retention Directive that forced telecom operators to store private phone and email data for up to two years.
- Rwanda on 7 April 2014 marked the 20th Anniversary of the beginning of devastating 100-day genocide. President Paul Kagame and Ban Ki-moon, the UN secretary general, lit a flame at the Kigali genocide memorial centre.
- State Bank of India (SBI) on 11 April 2014 launched its Twitter handle account. SBI aims to strengthen its social media presence with this launch. The Twitter handle for SBI is TheOfficialSBI.
- Symphony Teleca Corp (STC) a U.S. based software service provider on 10 April 2014 made announcement about its acquisition of Aditi Technologies.
- Swiss cement firm Holcim announced on 7 April 2014 to buy French rival Lafarge to create the world's biggest cement maker firm. The new company will be called LafargeHolcim. The combined firm will be based in Switzerland.
- Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd on 7 April 2014 announced to acquire troubled Ranbaxy Laboratories Ltd. Sun Pharma will acquire 100 percent of Ranbaxy in an all stock deal for 3.2 billion dollars.
“Jagran Josh also helps to get information about Top MBA Institutes based upon your choice of Location and Specialization. Click here to get details & the Best Seller “MBA Pedia” eBook, absolutely FREE.