1. Which of the following Indonesian regions was a victim of massive earthquake in 2004?
(a) Irian Jaya
The Correct option is – (b) Sumatra
2. The first non-stop air-conditioned ‘DURANTO’ train was flagged oil’ between
(a) Sealdah — New Delhi
(b) Mumbai — Howrah
(c) Bangalore — Howrah
(d) Chennai — New Delhi
The Correct option is – (a) Sealdah — New Delhi
3. Which among the following agencies released the report, Economic Outlook for 2009-10 ?
(a) Planning Commission
(b) PM’s Economic Advisory Council
(c) Finance Commission
(d) Reserve Bank of India
The correct option is (b) PM’s Economic Advisory Council
4. India and U.S. have decided to finalize agreements related to which of the following?
(a) Trade and Investment
(b) Intellectual Property
(c) Traditional Knowledge
(d) All of the above
The Correct option is – (d) All of the above
5. Which one o[ the following states does not form part of Narmada River basin?
(a) Madhya Pradesh
The Correct option is – (b) Rajasthan
6. Which of the following countries has recently become the third largest market for Twitter?
The Correct option is – (b) India
7. The exchange of commodities between two countries is referred as
(a) Balance of trade
(b) Bilateral trade
(c) Volume of trade
(d) Multilateral trade
The Correct option is – (C) Volume of trade
8. Soil erosion on hill slopes can he checked by
(b) Terrace cultivation
(c) Strip cropr ‘
(d) Contour ploughing
The Correct option is – (b) Terrace cultivation.
9. Who coined the word ‘Geography’?
The Correct option is – (b) Eratosthenes
10. Which of the following is called the “ecological hot spot of India”?
(a) Western Ghats
(b) Eastern Ghals
(c) Western Himalayas
(d) Eastern Himalayas
The Correct option is – (a) Western Ghats