Delhi Metro is one of the longest metro system in the world that connects Delhi, National Capital Territory, UP, Haryana together. Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Limited is a Public Sector Company (PSU) owned by the Government of India and partially by government of the state.
Being one of the 12th longest metro system in the world, Delhi Metro requires many resources for its smooth running and great functioning. Various departments such as Management, Technology, Human Resources, Operation and few others from Junior to Senior level posts are required to function uninterrupted metro services.
Year round recruitments are held in Delhi Metro from Junior to Senior level. The placement of lower grade posts is done on the basis of direct recruitment and the senior grade recruitment is done on the basis of promotion or deputation. Executives and Non executives are appointed on the basis of direct recruitment.
Now let us take a look at the posts that Delhi Metro recruits.
Executive Posts in Delhi Metro
- Assistant Manager (Electrical)
- Assistant Manager (SNDT)
- Assistant Manager (Operations)
- Assistant Manager (Fire)
- Assistant Manager (Stores)
- Assistant Manager (Environment)
- Assistant Manager (IT)
Educational Qualification of Executive Posts
The necessary qualifications for these posts include BE / BTech, BSc, MBA, etc. in the first class. In addition, the candidate should pass the GATE exam.
Non-Executive Posts in Delhi Metro
- Junior Engineer (Electrical)
- Junior Engineer (Electronics)
- Junior Engineer (Mechanical)
- Junior Engineer (Civil)
- Junior Engineer (Environment)
- Assistant Programmer
- Legal Assistant
- Fire Inspector
- Mentor- Electrician
- Mentor-Electronic Mechanic
- Mentor- Ref & AC Mechanic
- Office Assistant
- Store Assistant
Educational Qualification & Grade Pay of Non-Executive Posts
- For the posts of Junior Engineer, candidates must hold three year engineering diploma in the trade related to any recognized institutions in the required qualification. Grade Pay is Rs.14000-26950.
- Candidate interested in the position of assistant programmer should have a three-year engineering diploma in computer science. However, Bachelor Degree in Computer Application (BCA) and Information Technology can also apply. Grade Pay is Rs.14000-26950.
- Candidates interested in the rank of Legal Assistant should pass LLB degree with a minimum of 50% marks. Grade Pay is Rs.14000-26950.
- Candidate interested in the post of Fire Inspector should have a one-year course in Fire Safety with BSc Degree. Grade Pay is Rs.14000-26950.
- Similarly, the interested candidate for the post of librarian should have passed the Bachelor of Library degree with a minimum of 60% marks. Those who hold masters degree in Library Science are given preference. Grade Pay is Rs.14000-26950.
- At the same time, the interested candidate for the positions of the container should pass the certificate in a trade related to a recognized institution (NCVT / SCVT). Grade Pay is Rs.117070-18500.