Television is one of the most important and remarkable inventions in the history of science and technology. Earlier there were limited programmes and channels with limited availability of events but as life has progressed with a rapid pace, today number of channels are flourishing and so are the number of programmes and shows.
But with the advancement in life and progress towards a global level lifestyle it’s impact has fallen on the Indian TV Shows as well to a much greater extent.
Now Indian TV Shows do not reflect Indian Values and that can be evaluated with certain facts:
1. Most of the daily soaps reflect adversities and loss of living in a joint family: Many of the daily soaps that have consistently been a part of Indian TV showcase one and the same thing and that is the ill and adverse effects of living in a joint family. This is harming the culture and society and does not depict our Indian values.
2. Most reality shows are formatted and copied on the reality shows from other nation: Many of the reality shows in Indian TV channels that are so popular are nothing but a copy-paste format from reality shows from other nations. You take Kaun Banega Crorepati that is copied from ‘Who wants to be a Billionaire?’ or you take Big Boss that is copied from ‘Big Brother’ or you take India’s Got Talent’ copied from ‘America’s Got Talent’ or Indian Idol that is copied from ‘American Idol’ and so on, the list is quite long. This depicts one thing very clearly that we rely on the culture and values of others and in the process neglect our own values to a much greater extent.
3. Vulgar scenes and Adult shows: Many of the shows on the Indian TV, shows explicit contents that are not correct either ethically or morally. Such content yields no values in fact drag us to more false and wrong activities. Many such shows contain adult scenes and vulgar picturization of drama and acts that by no means showcase Indian values.
On the other hand, if we look beyond such facts and figures the story seems to be a bit different. We can go against the motion that Indian TV Shows do not reflect Indian Values via the evident facts that follows:
1) Epics like Mahabharata and Ramayana: The Indian TV shows also include the epic historical stories formatted in the form of serials like Mahabharata, Ramayana, Jai Shri Krishna, Om Namah Shivay etc that are highly devotional and depict true sense of Indian values and ethics in the audience not only in India but also in other nations. Even foreigners appreciate and applaud such Indian TV Shows.
2) Cultural diversity-A True Asset of India: Many of the Indian TV shows reflect the values and importance of unity in diversity for which India is known all over the world. Many live shows and exclusive coverage in remote and historical areas depict the glorious cultural past of India and such shows truly incubate and preserve our Indian Values.
3) Family values: There are many such shows as well that depict high degree of family values and the importance of joint family, the one big basic factor and value of Indian lifestyle and that preserves our national culture to a greater extent.
In nut-shell, the Indian TV Shows are one such platform where unity in diversity in the field of entertainment and media is strongly followed. This leads to containment of various subject matter some being ordinary, some extra-ordinary and some explicit and it solely depends upon the selectivity and perception of the person being if he/she takes it on a positive note or a negative note.
“Jagran Josh also helps to get information about Top MBA Institutes based upon your choice of Location and Specialization.Click here to get details & the Best Seller “MBA Pedia” eBook, absolutely FREE.