Marketing is one of the most interesting and glamorous activity in almost all the sectors in today’s era.
In normal and simple terms, we may define marketing as the process of promoting, popularizing, advertising and finally selling out the products and services of a particular domain in market.
Now a days, marketing has become mandatory and its popularity is evident from the fact that it has been introduced as a separate domain of studies in the form of specialization in the topmost business schools all over the world.
Considering Marketing as a process and a game to catch eyeballs would not be wrong and we can support the statement with certain facts that follows:
1) Attraction leads to inclination: If a person is attracted towards a certain product it will be much easier to market that particular product and sell it out ultimately with much ease. Attraction seems to be materialized through sight only.
2) Liking a product is first priority for customers: Any customer first tends to have a look at the product and service that he/she is seeking to buy and after liking it via looking at it he/she feels to proceed further. So, it is very much important for marketers to fetch the eyeballs of customers.
3) Reliability: It is a simple and plain fact that if a person is willing to buy some product or service, he/she would obviously like to feel that reliability that confidence in the product and if this suits then he/she makes a purchase and this in turn implies to the catching of eye balls.
On the contrary, if we look at the other side of the coin we can also go against the motion:
1) Product interface: Marketing is not only about catching the eyeballs rather it is about making a good product interface so, it is more than just catching eyeballs, it is about catching attention from all spheres.
2) Convincing is far more essential: Even if a prospective customer gets attracted to a particular product but then he/she also feels that there would be no use of the product, in that case catching eyeballs is of no prime use. What is more important in marketing is the ability to convince the prospect and convert him/her into an end customer.
3) Product knowledge: Marketing besides being a game of catching eyeballs is also about providing correct amount of product knowledge as the product can’t speak for itself and its features and that is to be delivered by the marketer only.
4) Understanding the need and catering accordingly: Marketing is basically the process to understand the market need and fulfill that need accordingly. Catching eyeballs is not as much important as meeting the needs of customers. Once the needs are satisfied, the true objective of marketing is accomplished.
In nut-shell, Marketing is a process which can be viewed differently from different angles and one can’t stick to just one angle as a matter of fact it caters to the needs, wants and desires of customers on one hand and profit making of the firm producing goods & services on the other hand. Beyond catching eyeballs which is also very much essential there are other skill-sets that are to be accounted for in context to Marketing.
It is also famously quoted and said by even Giant Marketers in Hindi, “jo dikhta hai who bikta hai” But then there must be qualities more than just being an eye-catcher for a perfect endeavor of Marketing.
“Jagran Josh also helps to get information about Top MBA Institutes based upon your choice of Location and Specialization.Click here to get details & the Best Seller “MBA Pedia” eBook, absolutely FREE.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.