The following is the General Studies question paper of 2003 UP Combined Lower Subordinate Services Main Examination. Read the question paper to upgrade your preparation for the upcoming UP Combined Lower Subordinate (General Selection) Services Main Examination 2008. The Exam is scheduled to be held on January 15, 2012.
UP Combined Lower Subordinate Services (Main) Special Exam 2003
Time : 3 Hours Maximum Marks : 100
Note: (i) All questions are compulsory.
(ii) Marks carried by each question are indicated at its end.
1. (a) Discuss the contribution of social reforms of the nineteenth century in creating national consciousness in India (words limit : 125) 5
(b) Examine the role of revolutionary patriots in the struggle for India’s independence. (words limit : 125) 5
2. Write short notes on the following : (words limit : 50 each) 10
(i) Simon Commission
(ii) Quit India Movement
(iii) Poona Pact
(iv) Cabinet Mission Plan
(v) Shimla Conference
3. Why have the following been in the news recently ? (Words limit : 50 each) 10
(i) Ruskin Bond
(ii) Vijayendra Saraswati
(iii) Parveen Babi
(iv) M.K. Naraynam
(v) S.C. Jamir
(vi) Vikram Seth
(vii) Shoaib Akhter
(viii) Prince Harry
(ix) Mahmud Abbas
(x) Rude Lobers
4. Why have the following places been in the news recently. (words limit : 25 each) 10
(i) Banda Aish
(viii) Buenos Aires
5. (a) Name of the winner of the following competitions : 5
(i) Indo-Bangladesh One Day Cricket Series
(ii) Australian Open 2005-Men’s Single
(iii) Bangladesh-Zimbabwe Cricket Series
(iv) French Open, 2004-women’s Single
(v) Asia Cup Women’s Hockey Championship, 2004
(b) (i) Who is the Chairman of the Indian Cricket Control Board ? 5
(ii) Name the venue of Afro-Asian Games, 2007.
(iii) With which sport is Michael Schumacher associated ?
(iv) Which country would host World Cup (Football), 2006 ?
(v) With which sport is Anju Bobi George associated ?
6. (a) Distinguish between the following : (Words limit : 25 each) 5
(i) Natural Uranium and Enriched Uranium.
(ii) Malnutrition and Under-Nutrition
(iii) Intensive farming and extensive farming.
(iv) Hydrometer and Hygrometer.
(v) E-mail and internet.
(b) Write the full form of the following : 5
7. Write short notes on the following : (Words limit : 50 each) 10
(i) Money Bill
(ii) National Development Council
(iii) Judicial Review
(iv) Parliamentary Privilage
(v) Women’s Reservation Bill
8. Write short notes on the following : (Words limit : 50 each) 10
(i) Cloud brust
(iii) Dry farming
9. In which States are the following situated and what are their importance ? (Words limit : 25 each) 10
(ii) Baila deela
(x) Sri Harikota
10. (a) Explain the reasons for the following : (words limit : 25 each) 5
(i) Why is preference given to vehicles climbing up on the hill road ?
(ii) Why do water pipes brust in severe cold ?
(iii) Why are the tanks for water supply built at a height ?
(iv) Why are the mountain cooler than the plains ?
(v) Why does a cut apple start getting brown ?
(b) Name the author of the following Books : 5
(i) Kath Gulab
(ii) Kitne Pakistan
(iii) Kitni Naon Me kitni Bar
(iv) Disgrace the Disgrace
(v) Memory and Identity