CBSE Biology Set - 2 Guess Paper 2013, given here.
5. According to Hardy-Weinberg’s principle the allele frequency of a population remains constant. How do you interpret the change of frequency of allele in a population ?
6. A boy of ten years had chicken pox. He is not expected to have the same disease for the rest of his life. Mention how it is possible.
7. Name the baker’s yeast which is used in fermentation?
8. What is the advantage of bagging of the emasculated flowers during hybridization experiments?
9. What are recombinant proteins? How do bioreactors help in their production?
10. (a) Name the lymphoid organ in humans where all the blood cells are produced.
(b) Where do the lymphocytes produced by the lymphoid organ mentioned above migrate and how do they affect immunity?
11. Draw a vertical section of a maize grain and label (i) pericarp, (ii) Scutellum, (iii) coleoptiles and (iv) radical.