Gun & Shell Factory, Cossipore, Kolkata, Ministry of Defence invites ONLINE applications from the eligible Indian Nationals fulfilling the requisite criteria for filling up the following posts mentioned below. The candidates eligible for the post may apply on or before 20 April 2014.
- Last Date of Online Submission of Application: 20 April 2014
Details of Posts
Primary Teacher: 03 (Three). [02 – UR & 01 – OBC].
Stenographer: 03 (Three). [03 – UR].
Fireman: 05 (Five). [02 – UR, 02 – SC & 01 – OBC].
Durwan: 07 (Seven). [04 – UR & 03 – OBC].
- For Primary Teacher
(i) Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 45% marks and 02 year Diploma in Elementary Education, in accordance with the NCTE (Recognition Norms and Procedure), Regulations, 2002 OR
(ii) Graduation and 02 year Diploma in Elementary Education. AND
(iii) Pass in the Teacher Eligibility Test (TET), framed by the NCTE for the purpose.
- For Stenographer
(i) Higher Secondary or equivalent from a School / Board recognized by Government of India / State Government.
(ii) Skill Test :
(a) Dictation : 10 minutes at the rate of 80 words per minute in stenography (English or Hindi).
(b) Transcription : 50 minutes (English) & 65 minutes (Hindi) only on computers.
- For Fireman & Durwan
(i) Matriculation or equivalent.
(ii) Must have completed basic course (not less than six months) on elementary fire fighting from an Institute recognized by State Government / Government of India.
(iii) Must be physically fit and capable of performing strenuous duties (duties of Durwan for the post 4) .
Desirable for post of Durwan :
Ex-servicemen. Three years service as Home Guard / Civil Defence Volunteer and Training in at least basic and refresher courses in Home Guard and Civil Defence.
Age Limit & Relaxation
- Age limit for the candidate will be between 18 to 30 Years for post 1, 18 to 27 Years for post 2 & 3 and 20 to 25 Years for post 4 as on the closing date of receipt of application.
- Age relaxation up to 03 years for OBC Candidates and 05 Years in case of SC/ ST Candidates.
Pay Scale/ Emoluments
- Pay Band PB – 2 and the Pay Scale of Rs. 9,300/- to Rs. 34,800/- plus Grade Pay of Rs. 4,200/- Per Month for post 1.
- Pay Band PB – 1 and the Pay Scale of Rs. 5,200/- to Rs. 20,200/- plus Grade Pay of Rs. 2,400/- Per Month for post 2, Grade Pay of Rs. 1,900/- Per Month for post 3 and Grade Pay of Rs. 1,800/- Per Month for post 4.
- Candidate has to Pay the Examination Fee of Rs. 100/- for the post of Primary Teacher and Rs. 50/- for rest other posts in ANY BANK where Core Banking Facility exists.
- SC candidates are exempted from Examination Fee only for the post of Fireman.
- Candidates have to pay examination fees through Challan which can be downloaded from the website www.gsf.gov.in . The portion marked as “GSF Copy’ in the Challan will be required to be submitted by the candidate along with hard copy of the application.
How to Apply
- Interested Candidates may apply ONLINE through the GSF Website www.gsf.gov.in on or before 20 April 2014.
The short listed candidates will be selected on the basis of performance in Written Test/ Trade Test/ Practical/ Skill Test/ Interviews, which might be conducted by the administration.