A: Here is the entire process for Combined Defence Service Examination:
1. Candidates are required to apply online using the link http://www.upsconline.nic.in Candidates from remote areas can apply offline in the Common Application Form used by the Commission for conducting examinations.
2. This Application Form along with an Information Brochure containing general instructions for filling up the Form, an Acknowledgement Card and an envelope for sending the application will be obtainable from the designated Head Post Offices/ Post Offices throughout the country against cash payment of Rs 30/- (Rupees thirty only).
3. Form should be purchased from the designated Post Offices only and not from any other agency. This Form can be used only once and for only one examination.
4. Candidates, who wish to apply offline, must use the Form supplied with the Information Brochure only and they should in no case use photocopy/ reproduction/ unauthorised printed copy of the Form.
5. The applicants are required to affix the postage stamp of Rs 6/- on the Acknowledgement Cards and send the same along with Application Form to UPSC. If an applicant fails to affix the postage stamp of requisite amount his/her Acknowledgement Card will not be dispatched and Commission will not be responsible for non-receipt of Acknowledgement Card by the applicant.
6. The duly filled in Application Form and the Acknowledgement Card should then be mailed in the special envelope supplied with the Information Brochure. The candidates should also write the name of examination viz. “Combined Defence Services Examination-(II), 2011” on the envelope before despatching it to “Controller of Examinations, Union Public Service Commission, Dholpur House, Shahjahan Road, New Delhi-110069”.