How to crack bank PO examination without coaching
The banking sector has become one of the most prominent jobs generating industry in the country. Lakhs of aspiring candidates are applying for the various banking jobs every year. Recruitment bodies like IBPS, SBI and RBI conduct yearly examinations for various clerical, PO and specialist officer posts. These recruitments are done for the vacant seats in the various branches of the banks in the country. Thousands of candidates get finally selected to work at the various job profiles in the bank. But, there are countless others who couldn’t make the cut and trying for it. It is very important to crack both the written examination (prelims and mains) along with personal interview round to get the job. Many candidates opt for coaching at various institutes available across the country, to score better and learn tricks to crack the examination correctly. But cracking the written examination is not enough to get the job, as the candidates need to secure good marks in the personal interview round as well.
Nothing is impossible in this world only if individual are committed to do that. So, it is not compulsory to join any coaching institute for preparation of banking exam as the role of coaching institute is to provide guidance and short tricks to solve questions. But in this case the duty of aspirants will be increased if they do not join any coaching institute as they have to compete with those guys who joined it.
The candidates thus should look beyond the knowledge provided by the books and work hard on acquitting presentation skills. Some of the tips discussed below would help the candidates to crack the bank PO examination without taking any coaching from any professional institutes:
Tips for cracking bank PO exams:
- Follow good books and online resources: The World Wide Web carries enormous source of well drafted information that can turn out to be really helpful for the candidates preparing at their homes for the bank PO exams. Candidates can search content, study material and previous year paper on the internet. Along with online resources, there are some offline sources such as practice books, preparation guides and examination guides provided by renowned authors. Candidates can also bank on these sources to get an idea of the examination pattern and required approach towards the questions in the examination.
- Undergo regular practice of study material: The candidates should prepare a workable routine for their studies and undergo regular practice of the previous year papers and mock tests.. They should focus and give proper time to the papers in which they are weak and revise the same.. Practice of the weakest paper instilling the required confidence among the candidates and helps them score better in the examination. The schedule of the candidates should incorporate all the papers that are going to be asked in the examination as the candidates have to score cut off marks in every section, along with scoring the overall cut off marks to get through to the personal interview round.
- Focus on English and Quantitative Aptitude Paper: Most of the candidates fear these two papers in the written examination of the bank PO. The English language paper is the key for success and thus the candidates must give prominence to the paper, while they prepare for the same. This paper allows the candidates to finish their questions in time and save time for other section such as Quantitative Aptitude and Reasoning. Candidates must cultivate the habit of regular reading and writing of English in order to develop their knowledge about the language and improve their speed of reading and understanding it. They must give proper time to accumulate all the tricks, methods and formulas in the quantitative aptitude paper as well, in order to save valuable time during the written examination.
- Take your own test regularly: The coaching institutes become helpful due to their regular conduct of tests and mock drills of the students. These drills make them aware of their speed in solving the questions and gives idea about the steps to be taken to better it. Those candidates, who are preparing themselves at home for the examinations, thus need to take their own test by having a stopwatch kept with them. They need to clock their time taken for solving individual section and in entirety of the mock question sets and papers.
- Show confidence at the personal interview round: Many candidates who have shown impeccable performance in their written test often fail in the personal interview round due to lack of confidence and will power. They should meditate and build confidence within themselves after they get selected and for the personal interview round. They need to keep things simple and straightforward in the interview room. The answers should come confidently before the interview panel and candidates should keep a direct eye contact with them.