Bank examinations are conducted periodically to select interested candidates into various banking jobs throughout the country. The aspiring candidates who want to join banking sector as their career option have to work hard to get through with the competitive examination held by the concerned recruitment authority. The candidates preparing for these examinations need to be completely focused on their preparation strategy for the banking examinations, as the level is getting tougher by each year. The examination patterns are changing every year thus creating newer challenge to the aspiring candidates preparing for the examinations. These aspirants need to start preparing for the banking examination, right from the moment when they fill the form for certain post. They should initially undergo the syllabus and exam pattern of the certain examination well, and then prepare their module for studying. While many of the candidates prefer to join a coaching institute for examination preparation, many stood by the comfort of their houses and prepare themselves for the examination. There are quite a lot of sources available in front of the candidates to even get a great preparation from home and score well at the examination. The article would undergo certain tips to prepare better from home by undergoing self-study in a regulated manner.
Tips to prepare well through Self Study:
- Understand the exam pattern and syllabus: Before starting to read a word about any of the papers included in the syllabus of the banking examination, the candidates must undergo the syllabus and examination pattern thoroughly. By careful investigation of the same, the candidates would get a clear idea of what to expect in the examination and asses the valuation of certain questions and problems initially. It is very important to understand the pattern of the examination as well, because each of the examination for different posts have different examination pattern set by the concerned authority.
- Make proper division of your daily preparation time: First and foremost for any candidate, who have started to self-teach themselves for the examinations, need to make a time-table for their regular studies. They should give proper emphasis to the paper they are weak in and should make proper time division accordingly. The candidates should give more time to the paper they are weak in, so that they can prepare themselves better in the particular paper. The candidates should also divide the time for preparing the papers, giving emphasis to each of the paper, as they need to score cut off marks in each of the papers to move forward in the recruitment process.
- Go through competitive books and online resources: There are thousands of education materials available in the online media for the interested candidates. They can visit certain websites dedicated to competitive examination preparation and download the study material available in there. Apart from websites, there are blogs, articles and annotated repositories that are available online, from which the candidates can derive mock questions, sample question papers and previous year questions. The candidates can derive idea of the questions and solve related questions by undergoing competitive books written by industry professionals.
- Prepare with a stopwatch beside: Candidates who are undergoing rigorous preparation and are studying hard for the banking examination, need to understand the factor that time plays in their success. They should practice the papers with a stopwatch before them and count the time they are clocking to solve certain number of questions in certain paper. They should try and better their time as they undergo regular preparation and solve mock question papers on a periodic manner. This can help immensely and give confidence to the candidates when they undergo the actual examination.
- Master the tricks and methods for certain papers: For papers like quantitative aptitude and logical reasoning in the competitive banking examination, the candidates must master certain tricks, methods and strategies. Learning these can take down the time taken immensely to solve certain questions, and give edge to the candidates to solve all the questions in the paper in limited time duration. These tricks could be found through various competitive and examination related books and online sources.
Conclusion: While there are thousands of candidates opting for coaching institutes to prepare themselves for competitive banking examination, many are deciding to prepare themselves in their own homes. Preparing at home could at times become challenging and often it turns out to be off comfort. By undergoing certain suggestions, candidates can prepare themselves well by self study.