The IAS (Indian Administrative Services) or Civil Services Preliminary Examination consists of two papers of objective type (multiple choices) and carry maximum of 400 marks. The two papers are:
Paper I (duration-2 hrs)-General Studies for 200 marks –
• Current events of national and international importance
• History of India and Indian national movement.
• Indian and World Geography- physical, social, economic geography of India and the world.
• Indian Polity and governance – constitution, political system, panchayati raj, public policy, Rights issues, etc.
• Economic and social development – sustainable development, poverty, inclusion, demographics, social sector initiatives etc.
• General issues on environmental ecology, bio-diversity and climate change-that don't require subject specialization.
• General science.
Paper II (duration- 2 hrs)-aptitude test for 200 marks-
• Interpersonal skills including communication skills
• Logical reasoning and analytical ability
• Decision making and problem solving
• General mental ability
• Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude etc. (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. –Class X level)
• English language comprehension skills (Class X level)
To get latest Current Affairs Click Here