Yogi at Loss, Modi picked UP’s Firebrand IAS Officer B. Chandrakala for Center
Narendra Modi has recently appointed Ms. B Chandrakala as the director of Swacch Bharat Mission and deputy secretary, Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation in the centre government. Here, we provide the details about Ms B Chandrakala, an honest IAS officer of Uttar Pradesh cadre.
IAS officers in India forms the most crucial executive branch in Indian Administration as they form a direct bridge between the government’s policies and the beneficiaries of these policies and schemes. Women IAS officers in India are the brave example of how widely women have contributed towards the maintenance of governance in the country. One is these courageous women is Ms B.Chandrakala, the District magistrate of Meerut city in Uttar Pradesh state.
She has recently been appointed as the director of `Swacch Bharat Mission` and deputy secretary, Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation in the centre government. She has worked extensively for 'Clean India' campaign while she was discharging her duties as the DM of Bulandshahr, Bijnor, and Meerut. She has been appreciated in the past for the work she has done for the people has been shifted to Delhi.
Her honesty at work as earned her this reward. She has gained recognition for her path-breaking work towards making district administration corruption free and more responsible towards the social structure of the society.
Who is B. Chandrakala?
B. Chandrakala is a 2008 batch UP cadre IAS officer who is known for her hard work and honesty in the administrative system. She was born on September 27, 1979. She originally hails from Andhra Pradesh and her mother tongue is Lambadi. She is a post graduate in economics and has been very active on the social media.
Some important efforts by B.Chandrakala
- She is very active in social media and believes in total transparency between the public and the public servants.
- She is among the few IAS officials who is so vividly followed by the public on the internet.
- She publicly pulled up civic officials and contractors for sub-standard road construction.
- The Centre has applauded her efforts to make Bijnor an 'open defecation free' (ODF) district. She has always spoken against corrupt officers.
- She is famous for taking tough stands against illegal practices especially corrupt practices within the administration.
- She never hesitates in publicly exposing those people who are unjust towards their job profile.
The job profile of an IAS or IPS officer is very challenging and dynamic; it requires a lot of dedication and commitment towards this job. But these women are courageous with strong will power and a sharp mind. Her work has inspired young girls in our country to pursue civil services as a career.