Recently Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) had released its calendar of examination for 2014. The Civil Services (Preliminary) Exam will be held on 24-08-2014. The Civil Services Preliminary Exam is a filtering exam which filters a large number of the candidate from appearing in the IAS Main Exam. The candidate should start the preparation as there is never early for the IAS Prelims. UPSC has changed its syllabus in 2011 and introduced Civil Services Aptitude Test at the preliminary stage. UPSC has continuing with the same for Prelims and introduced new changes in IAS Main Exam 2013. Jagranjosh.com presents the tips for IAS Main 2013 for the candidates to augment their preparation.
The following are the important points which need the candidate’s attention:
• Comprehension: While practicing comprehension students should keep in mind that they should select passages from different areas like Science, Philosophy, Economics, Art and literature etc.
• English Language Comprehension: The questions under this section were relatively simple and thus they should be done right at the beginning.
• Logical Reasoning and Analytical Ability: The analytical ability questions were asked from familiar areas and in familiar form.
• Data Interpretation: Questions asked under this section were different from the ones that generally appear in MBA examination or in banking examination.
• Basic Numeracy: This section covered areas like arithmetic, algebra and geometry. Most of these questions required basic understanding of mathematical concepts.
• General Mental Ability : The questions under this section cover areas like sequence, series, progression, venn diagram, permutations and combination.
• Decision Making and Problem Solving: Questions falling under this section are compulsory and have no negative marking rather every option will fetch some marks, the highest being 100% and lowest being 25% (as there are 4 options for every question).
To know more about the details of every aspects of the Civil Services Aptitude Test
Please Click Here