Indian Polity section as given in the IAS Prelims Syllabus is one of the toughest sections in the IAS Prelims syllabus. The candidates face problems in solving the IAS Prelims questions due to their complexity. Deep understanding of the fundamentals of federalism and the Indian Constitutions are required to solve the Multiple Choice Questions of Indian Polity .
Following are some of the Multiple Choice Questions which can help the candidates to prepare for the IAS Prelims Exam.
IAS Prelims Indian Polity Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following Acts differentiated the commercial and political functions of the East India Company?
(a) Regulating Act of 1773
(b) Pitt’s India Act of 1784
(c) Charter Act of 1833
(d) Government of India Act 1858
2. Which of the following matches is incorrect?
(a) Union Powers Committee – J.L. Nehru
(b) Provincial Constitution Committee – Sardar Patel
(c) Drafting Committee – B.R. Ambedkar
(d) Advisory Committee on Fundamental Rights and Minorities – Rajendra Prasad
3. Which of the following matches is incorrect?
(a) Federal Scheme – Government of India Act of 1935.
(b) Rule of law – Irish constitution
(c) Fundamental Right – US Constitution
(d) Concurrent List – Australian Constitution
4. Languages recognised by the Indian Constitution are included in:
(a) Fifth schedule
(b) Sixth schedule
(c) Seventh schedule
(d) Eighth schedule
5. Which of the following is not correct about ‘Preamble of Indian Constitution’?
(a) It is a part of the constitution
(b) It cannot be amended
(c) It is non- justiciable
(d) It contains basic philosophy on which the constitution is based
6. States committee (Committee for Negotiating with States) was headed by:
(a) Jawaharlal Nehru
(b) Rajendra Prasad
(c) J.B. Kripalani
(d) Sardar patel
7. Which of the following Fundamental Rights are available only to citizens and not to foreigners:
(a) Art 14
(b) Art 15
(c) Art 21
(d) Art 22
8. Freedom of Press is included in:
(a) Article 19
(b) Article 20
(c) Article 21
(d) Article 29
9. Which of the following writs is issued to enquire into the legality of a claim of a person to a public office:
(a) Habeas corpus
10. Which of the following is incorrect about amendment of the constitution?
(a) The amendment bill must be passed in each House
(b) A special majority is required to pass the amendment bill
(c) A joint sitting can be convened pass the bill
(d) The president must give his assent to the bill