Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) was established in 1985.The University invites applications for admissions to various Management Programmes through an entrance test for the session beginning from 2013.
Name of Programmes
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Diploma in Management (DIM)
- PG Diploma in Management (PGDIM)
- PG Diploma in Human Resource Management (PGDHRM)
- PG Diploma in Financial Management (PGDFM)
- PG Diploma in Operations Management (PGDOM)
- PG Diploma in Marketing Management (PGDMM)
Last date to receive requisition for supply of Prospectus by post: 26 December 2012
Deadline for submission of application form at Headquarter of IGNOU: 10 January 2013
Date of Entrance Test: 24 February 2013
End Date for admission: 31 May 2013
- General candidates must possess a graduation degree with 55 % marks from a recognized University. Besides, aspirants having bachelor’s degree with 3 years of supervisory or managerial or professional experience may also apply. Moreover, candidates possessing professional degree in Engineering/Technology/ Medicine/ Architecture/ Law/ Pharmacy or having Master’s degree are also eligible. Likewise, admission seekers having professional qualifications in Accountancy/ Cost and Works accountancy/ Company Secretaryship etc may also apply.
- Applicants should have passed OPENMAT conducted by IGNOU. Moreover, candidates who have cleared the entrance tests like CAT, MAT and State level tests are not required to appear in OPENMAT. In such cases, the University will decide the cut off percentage, subject to at least 40%.
- For DIM course, non-graduate candidates (10+2 or equivalent) with six years of Managerial/ Supervisory/ Professional experience are also eligible.
The application fee/ prospectus cost is Rs 500 in person or Rs 550 by post.
How to Apply
- Aspirants can get the Student Handbook & Prospectus from the Headquarters of IGNOU or from any of its Regional Centres mentioned in the University’s website
- Cash or through post by sending an IPO/ Demand Draft drawn in favor of IGNOU payable at New Delhi.
- Moreover, candidates can also download the application form from IGNOU website www.ignou.ac.in. In such case, a DD/ IPO of Rs 500 should be submitted along with the form.
- Applicants must send the completely filled form in the same envelope attached with the Prospectus to the below mentioned address on or before the last date:
IGNOU Maidan Garhi
New Delhi 110068
Selection Process / Admission Process
- Applicants will be selected on the basis of performance in the entrance test
- Qualified candidates can get walk in admission by submitting the application form for admission to Management Programme (Form-2) available in the Prospectus.
- Besides this, admission seeker will have to submit the required documents or testimonials and fee to the respective regional centres after receiving the result card before 31 May 2013.
For more queries, please visit University’s official website
Aspirants should also Read
Click here for all the updates on CAT
Click here for all the updates on MAT
Click here for all the updates on CMAT
Click here for all the updates on MBA