The Indian Institute of Mass Communication (IIMC) is one of India's premier institutes for training, teaching and research in mass communication. It was set up by the Government of India in 1965 on the recommendation of a team of internationally known mass communication specialists from UNESCO and the Ford Foundation. It invites application from eligible candidates for admission to the PG Diploma Courses mentioned below.
Name of the Course and Number of Seats for admission in Indian Institute of Mass Communication (IIMC)
- Post Graduate Diploma Course in Journalism (English): 184 seats
- Post Graduate Diploma Course in Journalism (Hindi): 62 seats
- Post Graduate Diploma Course in Radio & Television Journalism: 46 seats
- Post Graduate Diploma Course in Advertising and Public Relations: 70 seats
- Post Graduate Diploma Course in Journalism: 23 seats
Important Dates for admission in Indian Institute of Mass Communication (IIMC)
- Opening date for sale of Application Forms: 19 March 2012
- Last date for sale/ receipt of Application Forms: 20 April 2012
- Date for Entrance Examination: 21 May 2012 (Oriya Journalism 22 May 2012)
- Date for interview: Last week of June 2012
- Academic session begins from: Last week of July 2012
Educational Qualification: Bachelor's degree in any discipline. Those who have appeared/ appearing in final degree examination are also eligible to apply.
Age Limit: 1 August 1987 or later for General Category candidates (1 August 1982 or later for SC/ ST/ PH and 1 August 1984 or later for OBC category candidates)
Selection Procedure for admission in Indian Institute of Mass Communication (IIMC): Candidates will be selected on the basis of Written Examinations and Interviews based on inter-se merit.
Examination Centre for admission in Indian Institute of Mass Communication (IIMC): New Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Bangalore, Patna, Lucknow, Bhubaneswar, Bhopal, Chennai, Jammu, Srinagar, Kochi, Nagpur, Aizawl and Gawahati.
Application Fee: Application fee is Rs 1200 for General category candidates and Rs 1100 for SC/ ST/ OBC/ PH candidates. The fee needs to be paid in the form of Demand Draft drawn in favour of Registrar, IIMC New Delhi.
How to Apply for admission in Indian Institute of Mass Communication (IIMC):
Offline Application Form: Application forms & Prospectus can be obtained by sending Demand Draft & a self-addressed stamped (Rs 70) envelope (27x17 cm) at the address mentioned below.
Online Application Form: Application form for different courses can be downloaded from the IIMC website.
Candidates can apply online on the site http://iimc.gov.in or fill in the application form and send application forms/ receipt of online application complete in all respect with Demand Draft by hand or by Registered/ Speed-Post in the office of the Registrar, IIMC, Aruna Asaf Ali Marg, New Delhi-110067.
For more information on admission in IIMC, please CLICK HERE