Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Indore, set up in 2009 in Madhya Pradesh is one of the eight new IITs, started by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India. IIT Indore announced admissions to PhD programme in various subjects commencing from July 2013.
Name of Programme
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
Subjects offered: Chemistry/ Mathematics/ Physics/ Computer Science Engineering/ Electrical Engineering/ Mechanical Engineering/ Philosophy/ English/ Psychology/ Sociology/ Bioscience and Bioengineering
- Deadline to register online: 31 March 2013
- Last date to receive print out of the application form by the institute: 9 April 2013
- Written test and Personal Interview starts from: 16 April to 15 May 2013
- Admission seekers must possess Post Graduation degree or equivalent grade point in the concerned discipline with at least 60% marks and should be UGC-CSIR-JRF/NET qualified.
- Candidates should have at least first class Master degree in relevant branch of Engineering/Technology
- Applicants are required to have BTech degree from an Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) with minimum CPI of 8.0.
Candidates who fulfil above mentioned eligibility criteria will be called for interview for selection. Marks secured in the qualifying examination will also be considered during selection process.
There is no application fee.
How to Apply
- Aspirants must apply online at the website of the institute
- Applicants should take the print out of the submitted online application form, sign the copy, affix recent photograph and attach the self-attested relevant certificates, document and Statement of Purpose.
- Application form along with enclosures must reach the below mentioned address on or before the last date:
Deputy Registrar (Academic Affairs)
Indian Institute of Technology Indore
PACL Campus, 113/2-B (Opp. to Veterinary College)
Village Hernia Khedi
Indore 453 446
To seek more details like subject specific eligibility criteria, please visit the official website of the institute http://www.iiti.ac.in/