Are Sample papers really helpful for Board exams? Why it the importance of sample papers for any board exam? How are sample papers useful for CBSE Board exams? Class 10 and Class 12 students of CBSE Board and UP Board have these common queries when they are told to practice sample papers for the exams. The Board exams are really important for every class 10 and class 12 students, as it’s the first step towards their career. So, students are really anxious for their performance in the exams.
Here, we discuss benefits of sample papers for students and why every student should take help of sample papers to get good marks in the board exams -
1. Exam Stress and Fear – Practicing CBSE sample papers get you an idea about the type of questions that will be asked in the exam and so students can prepare well enough.
2. Preparation Analysis – Sample papers are based on past years question papers and syllabus of the CBSE Board and UP Board exam.
3. Helps in Revision – You have covered your complete syllabus for the exam, but how will you be able to analyse your preparation for each topic? You can check your preparation with sample papers which includes questions from each topic in different sections.
Solve as many sample papers as possible to cover each topic from the syllabus
4. Marking Scheme – for students of class 10 and class 12, it is very important to know about the marking scheme as decided by the CBSE Board and UP Board.
Knowing the marking scheme of the board exam helps in preparing accordingly and students can focus on questions and topics with more weight-age.
5. Self Confidence – Sample papers help students analyse their strengths and weaknesses so that they can focus on weaker sections.
6. Speed and Accuracy – as students practice and solve a good number of sample papers, they improve their speed of solving questions and also, with regular practice their mistakes get less and they solve questions to get the correct answer.
When students cover each section, topics and questions (repetitive in exams), they spend less time on such questions in the exam and hence, complete their paper in time which is also beneficial so they can cross-check their answer sheets and look for any wrong attempts.
Conclusion: ‘Practice makes a man perfect’ - sample papers help you in making this a reality. As you practice more and more sample papers for CBSE Board or other Board exams, you can eliminate chances of attempting wrong questions. Therefore, with speed and accuracy, you can confidently appear for the exam and score good marks.
This is when a student should start preparing for engineering/medical entrance exams
CBSE class 12th Chemistry paper 2018: Don't miss these tips to prepare in last moments
UP Board class 12 Biology paper second exam 2018 : Last year paper, Sample paper and more
8 Psychological tips for students to learn effectively