RRB JE 1st Stage CBT 2019 Exam will be held from 22nd May 2019 onwards. The General Intelligence & Reasoning section of CBT 1 Exam is of 25 Marks. You can start practicing these questions and understand the problems in detail with the help of explanations given alongwith the answers in the below Quiz:
Directions (1- 5): Some groups of letters are given, all of which, except one, share a common similarity while one is different. Choose the odd one out.
a) Flower: Petal
b) Triangle : Angle
c) Cover : Page
d) Table : Leg
Explanation: In all other pairs, second is a part of the first.
Explanation: Out of the four except owl, all is flightless birds.
Explanation: Except (b), tri indicates ‘three’.
Explanation: All except (d), are natural calamities.
Explanation: In all other options, denominator is the numeric position of the alphabet plus 2.
Click here to know the Best Books for RRB JE 2019 Exam
Directions (6– 10): In each of the following questions, there is a certain relationship between two given words on one side of (: :) and one word is given on another side (: :) while another word is to be found from the given alternatives, having the same relation with this word as the words of the given pair bear. Choose the correct alternative.
6. 12: 20 :: 30: __?
Explanation: 12 is 32 + 3
20 is 42 + 4
30 is 52 + 5
And 62 + 6 = 42
7. United states: Bald eagle :: India : ?
Explanation: As Bald eagle is the national bird of US; similarly Peacock is the national animal of India.
8. 10.1: 1.01 :: 0.1: __? __
Explanation: 10.1 is divided by 10 to get 1.01. Divide 0.1 by 10 to get 0.01
9. Kidney: Nephrology :: Brain: __? __
Explanation: Study of Kidney is Nephrology and the study of brain is called Neurology.
10. F: 37 :: I : __?
Explanation: F is the sixth letter in the series and square of 6 (6*6) + 1 is 37. I is the ninth letter and the square of 9 (9*9) +1 is 82.
Click here to Download the Previous Year Question Papers for KVS PGT/ TGT/ PRT Exam
11. In a certain code ‘415’ means ‘milk is hot’; ‘18’ means ‘hot soup’; and ‘895’ means ‘soup is brown’. What number will indicate the word ‘brown’?
Explanation: The code for ‘hot’ is 1. So, the code of ‘soup’ is 8. Now, the code for ‘is’ is 5. Hence, we can say that the code for ‘brown’ is 9.
12. If CEJQ is coded as XVQJ, then BDIP will be coded as:
Explanation: The first 13 letters of the alphabet are coded by the 13 letters of the alphabet in reverse, i.e.
= A B C D E F G H I J K L M (first 13 letters)
= Z Y X W V U T S R Q P O N (13 letters in reverse)
It is obvious from the above coding scheme that:
B = Y, D = W, I = R and K = P or P = K
Therefore, B D I P will be coded as Y W R K.
13. If LODES is coded as 46321, how will you code the word DOES?
Explanation: Here, you will observe that all the letters of DOES are included in the letters of LODES, for which you have the code D = 3, O = 6, E = 2, S = 1. Therefore DOES = 3621. So, the answer is (d).
Click here to know the latest Exam Pattern and Syllabus of RRB JE 2019 Exam
Directions (14 – 16): In each question below are given three statements followed by three or four conclusions numbered I to IV. You have to take the two given statements to be true even if they seem to be at variance with commonly known facts. Read both the statements and then decide which of the given conclusions logically follows from the given statements, disregarding commonly known facts.
14. Statements: All pencils are sharpeners. No sharpener is eraser. Some books are pencils.
- Some erasers are pencils.
- Some erasers are books.
- Some sharpeners are books.
- No eraser is books.
a) Only either II or III, and IV follow
b) Only either II or IV, and III follow
c) Only either II or IV, and I follow
d) Only either II or IV follows.
Either II or IV will follow and II will definitely be true.
15. Statements: Some pigeons are eagles. All eagles are sparrows. Some sparrows are not pigeons.
- Some sparrows are pigeons.
- All pigeons are sparrows.
- All eagles are pigeons.
a) Only I follows
b) Only II follows
c) Only III follows
d) Both I and III follows
Only I is definitely true.
16. Statements: Some computers are laptops. Some laptops are mobiles. Some mobiles are calculators. (Banking)
- Some computers are calculators.
- Some calculators are laptops.
- Some mobiles are computers.
a) Only I follows
b) Only II follows
c) Only III follows
d) None follows
None of the statement is necessarily true.
Click here to know the RRB JE 2019 Exam Preparation Tips and Strategy
17. Ram facing south. He turns right and walks 40 metre. Then he turns right again and walks 20 metre. Then he turns left and walks 20 metre and then turning right walk 40 metre. Then he turns right again and walks 120 metre. In which direction he is from the starting point?
18. Rajat goes towards east kilometers, and then he takes a turn to South west and goes 12 kilometres. He again takes a turn towards North West and goes 12kilometres. With respect to the point from where he started, where is he now?
a) At the starting point.
b) In the west
c) In the east
d) In the North West.
Click here to know RRB JE Zone-wise Previous Year Cut-Off Marks
19. Ravi told Ram, “yesterday I defeated the only brother of the daughter of my grandmother”. Whom did Ravi defeat?
d) Father –in –law
Explanation: Daughter of grandmother –aunt, aunt’s only daughter—father.
Directions (20 - 21): Read the following information carefully and answer the questions given below it:
E x K, means E is brother of K.
E – K, means E is mother of K.
E % K, means E is father of k.
20. Which of the following represents that’ N’ is the son of ’P ‘?
a) N x R %P
b) N%R x P
c) P % N x R
d) N-R % T
Explanation: P%N, means P is father of N and N x R, means N is brother of R, thus N is the son of P.
21. How is ‘B’ related to ‘P’ in the relation P x Q % R- B?
a) Maternal uncle
d) none of these
Explanation: In P x Q % R-B, P x Q means, P is brother of Q and Q%R means, Q is father of R, R-B=R is mother of B. Thus, P is maternal –grandfather of B.
Logical Venn Diagram
22. Which of the options is true based on the Venn diagram below?
a) Some honest people are also hardworking and are literate
b) Illiterates are either honest or hard working
c) All literates are rural
d) No person is rural, literate, honest and hardworking
Click here to know the RRB JE Salary after 7th Pay Commission, Job Profile and Promotion Policy
Directions (23 – 24): Read the following information carefully and answer the questions given below.
Six boys A, B, C, D, E and F are marching in a line, their positions arranged according to their heights, the tallest at the back. F is between A and B. E is shorter than D but taller than C who is taller than A. E and F have two boys between them. A is the not the shortest.
23. Where is E?
a) Between A and B
b) Between A and C
c) Between C and D
d) In front of C
24. How many boys are between E and F?
Explanation (23-24): Shortest…B F A C E D..Tallest
Directions (25 - 26): Answer the questions on basis of the information given below:
Rohan, Ramesh, Geeta, Ankit and Govind are sitting on a straight table. Geeta is sitting next to Rohan, Ankit is sitting next to Ramesh is not sitting with Govind who is on the left end of the table. Ankit is second from the right. Geeta is right of Rohan and Govind. Geeta and Ankit are sitting together.
25. Who is sitting extreme right?
26. In which position Geeta is sitting?
a) Between Rohan and Ramesh
b) Between Rohan and Ankit
c) Between Govind and Ramesh
d) Between Ankit and Govind
Explanation (25-26): By the information given we can have the following arrangement.
Govind Rohan Geeta Ankit Ramesh
Non Verbal Reasoning - Series
27. Which number replaces the question mark?
Explanation: Split the left and right hand circles in half, vertically.
Now, the number appearing in middle circle follows the below series:
(7 + 5) ÷ 2 = 6 (top left hand segment of the middle circle)
(9 + 3) ÷ 4 = 3 (top right hand segment of the middle circle)
(6 + 9) ÷ 5 = 3 (bottom left hand segment of the middle circle)
(4 + 8) ÷ 6 = 2 (bottom right hand segment of the middle circle)
28. Which letter replaces the question mark?
Explanation: In each diagram, letters are written in sequence, starting in the top left circle and moving clockwise around the other 3 outer circles, in steps given by the numerical value of the central letter each time.
Non Verbal Reasoning - Analogy
Directions (29 - 30): Each of the following questions consists of two sets of figures. Figures A, B, C and D constitute the Problem Set while figures a), b), c) and d) constitute the Answer Set. There is a definite relationship between figures A and B. Establish a similar relationship between figures C and D by selecting a suitable figure from the Answer Set that would replace the question mark (?) in figure (D).
Explanation: The second figure is divided into as many parts as the number of sides of the first figure. Similarly, Fourth figure will be divided by six lines as the third figure is a hexagon.
Explanation: The inner element enlarges to become the outer element while the outer element reduces in size, turns black and becomes the inner element.
Non Verbal Reasoning - Mirror Image
Directions (31-32): In each of the following questions, choose the correct mirror image from the alternatives (a), (b), (c) and (d), when mirror is placed on the line AB.
Non Verbal Reasoning - Paper Cutting and Folding
Directions (33-34) - Choose a figure which would most closely resemble the unfolded form of the last question figure.
Non Verbal Reasoning - Completion of Figure Pattern
Directions (35-36): In each of the following questions, a part of question figure is missing. Find out from the given answer figures (a), (b), (c) and (d), that can replace the ‘?’ to complete the question figure.
Click here to know the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for RRB JE 2019 Exam
Directions (37 - 40): Study the following arrangement carefully and answer the question given below.
P S U 3 G D 6 Q F 5 = A 1 H B 7 I 9 T M 8 # E J 2 * R 4 W
37. Which of the following is the fifth to the right of the fifteenth from the right end?
Explanation: The fifteenth element from the right end of the arrangement is B, and the fifth element to the right of B is M.
38. If order of the last eleven elements is reversed, which of the following will be seventh to the right of ninth from the left end?
Explanation: P S U 3 G D 6 Q F 5 = A 1 H B 7 I 2 W 4 R * 2 J E # 7 M T
The ninth element from the left end of this arrangement is F, and the seventh element to the right of F is 7.
39. Four of the following five are alike in a certain way on the basis of the above arrangement and hence form a group. Which one does not belong to that group?
a) P U G
b) = 1 B
c) Q = H
d) I T 8
Explanation: In all other groups, the first and second elements each move 2 steps forward to give the second and third elements respectively.
40. If the position of 6 and 2 are interchanged and similarly the position of U and R are interchanged then how many symbols will be there each of which is either preceded or followed by a vowel?
Explanation: Such symbols in the new arrangement may be indicated as follow:
Directions (41-45): Choose the next number in the series from the options below:
41. 26, 24, 20, 18, 14, ?
Explanation: Sequence of -2, -4 is being followed in the question.
42. 0, 1, 1, 2, 4, 8, ?
Explanation: Every term is the sum of all its previous numbers. So the last number should be 16.
43. 37, 10, 79, 16, 48, ?
Explanation: Every second number is the sum of the digits of its previous number.
44. -4, 3, -11, 10, ?
Explanation: The first term is added with 7 to get 3. The second term is subtracted with 14 to get -11. -11 is added with 21 to get 10. So 10 should be subtracted with the next factor of 7 that is 10-28= -18.
45. 1, 0.05, 0.0025, ?
Explanation: Starting from 1 each number is being divided by 20.
Directions (46-47): In each of the following letter series, some of the letters are missing which are given in that order as one of the alternatives below it. Choose the correct alternative.
46. _ baa _ aa _ aab _
Explanation: The series is aba/aba/aba/aba. Thus, the pattern ‘aba’ is repeated.
47. _ cd _ ac _ b _ _ dbacd _
Explanation: The series acdb/ acdb/ acdb/ acdb. Thus, the pattern ‘ acdb ‘ is repeated.
Directions (48 – 50): Find the word which cannot be made from letters of the given word.