Quizzes on the India Current Affairs section are designed to cover the wide range of national issues and other informations related to India from different segments which are of general human interest. Taking the India Current Affairs Quiz for August 2011 will update you on the latest incidents that occured in India. The quizzes on India Current Affairs will equip you to take all competitive examinations as well.
1. 1. Noted historian and indologist RS Sharma died on 20 August 2011. Which of the facts related to him that is stated below is not true?
2. He was particularly known for his trenchant observations on institutions in ancient Indian society and his report on the Bihar-Bengal boundary dispute.
3. He was the founding chairman of the Indian Council of Historical Research (ICHR) in 1970.
4. He also served as President of the Indian History Congress in 1975
5. He was a recipient of the prestigious Jawaharlal Nehru Award in 1989 and was earlier awarded the Campbell Memorial Gold Medal by the Bombay Asiatic Society in 1987.
a. 2 & 3
b. Only 1
c. Only 4
d. Only 2
2. This veteran trade unionist and Communist Party of India-Marxist Politburo member who served the trade union movement as a Secretary of the AITUC in the 1960s and then as one of the key leaders of the CITU of which he became the General Secretary from 1990 to 1999 and then its President till 2010 died on 20 August 2011. Identify him.
a. Madhukar Kashinath Pandhe
b. K Varadarajan
d. Manik Sarkar
3. Which Former Indian No 2 snooker player who was India No.2 in snooker for three years from 1980 passed away on 20 August 2011.
a. Ashok Shandilya
b. Geet Sethi
c. Michael Ferreira
d. Sayed Habib
4. In which one of the following states the Centre has launched an ambitious programme called Himayat?
a) Jammu and Kashmir
c) Himachal Pradesh
Answer: (a) Jammu and Kashmir
5. Which one of the following state governments sanctioned 95 thousand 599 posts of teachers?
a) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: (a) Madhya Pradesh
6. Jharkhand government on 23 August 2011 approved a draft of Right to Service Act 2011. What is the capital of Jharkhand?
Answer: (a) Ranchi
Preparing Current Affairs for Competitive Exams now made easy by our Jagran Josh Current Affairs Section. .