Quizzes on the India Current Affairs section are designed to cover the wide range of national issues and other informations related to India from different segments which are of general human interest. Taking the India Current Affairs Quiz for August 2011 will update you on the latest incidents that occured in India. The quizzes on India Current Affairs will equip you to take all competitive examinations as well.
1. The Government Set up NATGRID to Access all Intelligence Data. Consider the following statements on NATGRID.
i) NATGRID has been formed to link databases for inputs to combat terrorism.
ii) It is meant to improve India’s capability to counter threats to its internal security.
Choose the right option:
a) Both i and ii are correct.
b) Only i is correct.
c) Only ii is correct.
d) Neither i nor ii is correct.
Answer: (a) Both i and ii are correct.
2. The Report by Wildlife Institute of India Enlisted Major Threats to Three Tiger Reserves which are Kalakad- Mundanthurai Tiger Reserve, Anamalai and Mudumalai. In which one of the following states these tiger reserves are located?
a) Tamil Nadu
d) West Bengal
Answer: (a) Tamil Nadu
3. UP state government banned the release of Hindi film Aarakshan. The movie is directed by__
a) Prakash Jha
b) Karan Jauhar
c) Shahrukh Khan
d) Amitabh Bachchan
Answer: (a) Prakash Jha
4. Who was accorded a two-year extension by the Union government on 9 August 2011 beyond his term ending September 2011?
a. D. Subbarao
b. Raghuram Rajan
c. Subir Gokarn
d. C. D. Deshmukh
5. 1948 batch Kerala cadre IAS officer Padinjarethalakal Cherian Alexander died. Which of the facts related to him is/are not true?
1. P.C. Alexander was at different times Principal Secretary to two Prime Ministers- Indira Gandhi and Rajiv Gandhi
2. Alexander’s name was considered for the post of President during the NDA rule in 2002 to succeed K.R. Narayanan
3. Alexander was appointed Governor of Kerela (1988-90) and Madhya Pradesh for two terms (from January 1993)
4. Alexander has authored several books, including My Years with Indira Gandhi and The Perils of Democracy.
a. 1 & 4
b. 3 & 4
c. Only 4
d. Only 3
Preparing Current Affairs for Competitive Exams now made easy by our Jagran Josh Current Affairs Section. .