Quizzes on the India Current Affairs section are designed to cover the wide range of national issues and other informations related to India from different segments which are of general human interest. Taking the India Current Affairs Quiz for April 2011 will update you on the latest incidents that occured in India. The quizzes on India Current Affairs will equip you to take all competitive examinations as well.
1. An icon of Indian cinema and evergreen star Dev Anand died at the age of 88 in London on 3 December 2011 (4 December according to IST) after suffering a massive cardiac arrest. Which of the following facts about him is/are not true?
2. Dev Anand started his career with Prabhat Films' Hum Ek Hain (1946) soon after he joined IPTA
3. Anand started producing films after the success of Ziddi. He launched his own company Navketan in 1949 which, by 2011, had produced 31 films
4. His first colour film, Johny Mera Naam with Waheeda Rehman was based on the novel of the same name by R. K. Narayan
5. The Government of India honoured him with the Padma Bhushan in 2001 and the Dadasaheb Phalke Award in 2002
a. 1 & 4
b. Only 3
c. 2 & 4
d. 1 & 4
2. The Golden Peacock Award for the Best Film was given to which of the following films at the 42nd International Film Festival of India which came to an end at the Kala Academy in Panaji, Goa on 3 December 2011?
a. Russian film Elena
b. an Israeli film Restoration
c. Columbian Film Porfirio
d. Malayalam film Adaminte Makan Abu
3. Readers of international travel magazine Condé Nast Traveller voted which city in Rajasthan as the best leisure destination in India?
4. The state assembly of Bihar passed the Bihar Lokayukta Bill 2011. Consider the following statements on the features of the bill:
i) The bill will have Chief Minister, ministers, former chief ministers, the speaker of the vidhan sabha and chairman of the legislative council, legislative council, legislators and former legislators under its purview.
ii) The bill provides for a three-member Lokayukta, which will have at least two members from the judiciary.
Choose the right option:
a) Both i and ii are correct.
b) Only i is correct.
c) Only ii is correct.
d) Neither i nor ii is correct.
Answer: (a) Both i and ii are correct
5. The Chhattisgarh government on 7 December 2011 decided to raise the percentage of reservation for the scheduled tribes and schedule castes. The STs will now get __ whereas the SCs will get_ reservation.
a) 32; 12
b) 12; 32
c) 32; 32
d) 12; 12
Answer: (a) 32; 12
Preparing Current Affairs for Competitive Exams now made easy by our Jagran Josh Current Affairs Section. .