The India current affairs quizzes for this week are meant to test your skill and knowledge about the recent happenings of the week. These questions will help you judge and test yourself about your preparation for the competitive exams. No matter what, these questions will be fruitful for you from the exam point of view. So answer these questions and enhance your knowledge a little more!
1. The Union home ministry in Month of December extended the ban on United Liberation Front of Assam (ULFA) and National Democratic Front of Bodoland (NDFB) under which Act?
a) The Arms (Amendment) Act
b) The Code of Criminal Procedure (Amendment) Act
c) The Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act
d) The Anti-Hijacking (Amendment) Act
Answer: (c) The Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act
2. Which of the following statements is false:
i. Japanese Encephalitis (JE) is the mosquito-borne virus which mainly affects the CNS or Central Nervous System.
ii. JE usually affects children who are below 15 years of age.
iii. In 2011, it was reported that JE had occurred in 135 districts in 17 states of India.
iv. Around 25 percent affected children usually survive.
a) Statements (i) and (iv) are false.
b) Only statement (iv) is false.
c) All the above statements are false.
d) None of these statements is false.
Answer: (b) Only statement (iv) is false.
3. The Government of India on 17 December decided to set up 113 Real Time Water Quality Monitoring Stations along which river?
a) River Yamuna
b) River Godavari
c) River Ganga
d) River Brahmaputra
Answer: (c) River Ganga
4. National Commission for Minorities celebrates Minorities Rights Day on which date?
a) 18 December
b) 19 December
c) 20 December
d) 21 December
Answer: (a) 18 December
5. Which bill was passed by Lok Sabha on 18 December 2012 for improving corporate governance?
a) Corporate Bill 2012
b) Companies Bill 2011
c) Companies Act 2011
d) Corporate Act 2012
Answer: (b) Companies Bill 2011