Quizzes on the India Current Affairs section are designed to cover the wide range of national issues and other informations related to India from different segments which are of general human interest. Taking the India Current Affairs Quiz for February 2012 will update you on the latest incidents that occured in India. The quizzes on India Current Affairs will equip you to take all competitive examinations as well.
1. Union Home Minister P. Chidambaram inaugurated the the fourth and final regional hub of the National Security Guard (NSG) in which of the following places on 23 February 2012
2. As a part of the Chacha Nehru Sehat Yojna (CNSY) Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on 20 February 2012 launched a major State-wide de-worming campaign. Which of the following facts are not correct with respect to the de-worming campaign?
1. The campaign aims to de-worm the children and save them from worm-infested diseases such as anaemia, malnutrition, and physical and mental retardation
2. Delhi Government had earlier conducted a study and found that the average prevalence of soil-transmitted worms was around 16 per cent
3. To overcome this, all school-age children of Delhi Government schools, Municipal Corporation Delhi schools, New Delhi Municipal Council schools, Delhi Cantonment Board schools, pre-school children in Anganwadi centres, and the adolescent girls of SABLA programme was given one dose of the de-worming medication on 21 february 2012, the de-worming day.
4. The exercise was conducted in schools and Anganwadi centres, where the teachers and Anganwadi workers would administer mebendazole de-worming tablets to every child.
5. The Chacha Nehru Sehat Yojna was introduced in September 2010 to provide health check-ups and free treatment to students studying in Delhi government, New Delhi Municipal Council, Municipal Corporation of Delhi and Delhi Cantonment Board schools
a. 3 & 4
b. Only 4
c. Only 5
d. 2 & 4
3. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) panel on priority sector lending on 21 February 2012 proposed increment in the target (priority sector) for foreign banks to 40% of net bank credit from the current level of 32 per cent with sub-targets of 15 per cent for exports and 15 per cent for the MSE sector. The committee was headed by which of the following members?
a. M. V. Nair
b. Dr. D. Subbarao
c. Dr. K.C. Chakrabarty
d. Subir Gokran
4. The new version of MGNREGA included more than 25 agriculture and allied activities. The new version of the act will be implemented from___.
a) 1 April 2012
b) 1 May 2012
c) 1 June 2012
d) 1 July 2012
Answer: (a) 1 April 2012
5. The Vice President Mohammed Hamid Ansari released a collection of poems titled LAVA in New Delhi. The poems were written by___.
a) Javed Akhtar
b) Hamid Ansari
c) Salman Rushdie
d) Salman Khan
Answer: (a) Javed Akhtar
Preparing Current Affairs for Competitive Exams now made easy by our Jagran Josh Current Affairs Section. .
India Current Affairs Quiz/Questions-Answers February 2013, February 11-February 17
India Current Affairs Quiz/Questions-Answers February 2013, February 4-February 10
India Current Affairs Quiz/Questions-Answers January 2013, January 21-January 27
India Current Affairs Quiz/Questions-Answers January 2013, January 14-January 20