India Current Affairs Quiz/Questions-Answers January 2013, January 7-January 13
These quizzes are prepared with a motto of making you aware of the recent happenings of the country
These quizzes are prepared with a motto of making you aware of the recent happenings of the country. All the quizzes are designed to help you understand the facts about all the happenings. Solve them and test your knowledge.
1. The News Broadcasting Standards Association (NBSA) on 7 January 2013 issued certain guidelines for the television channels to exercise discretion and sensitivity, while reporting the sexual assault cases. Which of the following statement in relation to the guidelines are true?
i. NBSA directed television channels to keep the identity of the victims involved in sexual assault, hideous keeping in view Section 228A of the Indian Penal Code (IPC)
ii. The guidelines were a result of the Zee News television interview of the friend of Delhi gang rape victim. The name of victim was also disclosed in one international publication
iii. The news channels were advised to balance the right to privacy of the survivor as well as his/her family with the public interest.
iv. The issued guidelines declared that in reporting of such sexual crimes on women, victims of juvenile offending and child abuse, the privacy should be respected and name, photographs as well as other private details should be disclosed.
a) Statement i, ii and iii are true
b) Statement i, ii and iv are true
c) Statement ii, iii and iv are true
d) All the four statements are true
Answer: (a) Statement i, ii and iii are true
2. Name the identity card that has been decided and consequently advised by the Ministry of External Affairs in January 2013 to all Passport Issuing Authorities for acceptance of the same as the Proof of Address and Photo identity in conjunction with any other prescribed documents for proof of address/identity for the purpose of passport application.
a) Aadhaar Card
b) Ration Card
c) Educational Certificate
d) Birth Certificates
Answer: (a) Aadhaar Card
3. Cochin Shipyard Ltd (CSL) on 8 January 2013 launched the first fast patrol vessel (FPV), built for the Indian Coast Guard. The vessel is the first in a series of 20 numbers fast patrol vessel (FPVs) contracted by CSL for the Indian Coast Guard. What is the name of the Patrol Vehicle?
Answer: (b) Aadesh
4. Which of the below mentioned statements are true in context of the newly launched patrol Vehicle Aadesh?
i. Its primary role includes fisheries protection and monitoring, patrol within exclusive economic zone (EEZ) and coastal patrol, anti smuggling, search and rescue operations and for anti piracy operations.
ii. The vessel is the first in a series of 20 numbers fast patrol vessel (FPVs) contracted by CSL for the Indian Coast Guard. The contract was signed in year 2010 with of which the delivery the last vessel scheduled for 2017.
iii. The ship was designed by the Kochi-based SEDS and this is the first association between CSL and a local design house. The yard also launched two other platform supply vessels for PSV Holdings Inc, Cyprus.
iv. The secondary role of vessel is to provide communication link and escort convoys during hostilities and war time.
a) Only Statement i, ii, and iii are true
b) Only Statement i, ii, and iv are true
c) Only Statement ii, iii and iv are true
d) All the statements are true
Answer: (d) All the statements are true
5. A Special Bench of two Justices was constituted in the month of January 2013 to hear cases of crime against women. Name the body that was responsible behind its constitution.
a) Supreme Court of India
b) Ministry of Home Affairs
c) Planning Commission of India
d) Prime Minister’s Office (PMO)
Answer: (a) Supreme Court of India
Preparing Current Affairs for Competitive Exams now made easy by our Jagran Josh Current Affairs Section. .