Quizzes on the India Current Affairs section are designed to cover the wide range of national issues, international events, and other information from different segments which are of general human interest. Taking the India Current Affairs Quiz for July 2011 will update you on the latest incidents that the world is talking about. The quizzes on India Current Affairs will equip you to take all competitive examinations as well.
1. According to an Intelligence Bureau (IB) report, which of the following Indian dams is on the hit-list of Pakistan-based militant outfits such as the Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) and the Jamaat-ud-Dawa (JuD)?
a. Nagarjuna Sagar Dam
b. Gandhi Sagar Dam
c. B.R.P Dam
d. Bhakra Dam
2. Which Indian Institute of Management (IIM) won a decade-long battle for autonomy, with HRD minister approving dramatic amendments to the institution’s memorandum of association with the government?
3. Name the BJP leader and Bihar Deputy Chief Minister who was elected Chairman of the Empowered Committee of State Finance Ministers on GST.
a. Sushil Kumar Modi
b. Prafulla Chandra Ghadai
c. Vijay Kumar Chaudhary
d. Parveen Amanullah
4. Who did Gujarat High Court appoint on 19 July 2011 to head the three-member body probing into 2004 Ishrat encounter?
a. Karnail Singh
b. Satish Verma
c. Mohan Jha
d. Rajiv Ranjan Verma
5. According to statistics for 2010 released by the Union tourism ministry, which Indian state gained the position of the most visited destination in the country recording 155.8 million domestic tourists?
b. Andhra Pradesh
d. Tamil Nadu
6. Aishwarya Rai Bachchan was honoured with Knight of the Order of Arts and Letters from the French government by the Ambassador of France in New Delhi, Jerome Bonnafont on 13 July 2011. Which of the following Indian celebrities in the past did not win this prestigious award?
a. Sharmila Tagore
b. Upamanyu Chatterjee
c. Habib Tanveer
d. Sachin Tendulkar
7. India accepted international norms for the prevention of air pollution emanating from ships. The norms were proposed under a 1997 protocol of the International Maritime Organisation(IMO). When was IMO established?
Answer: (a) 1948
8. India and Sri Lanka signed a MoU on 20 July 2011 to develop the __port.
d) Port of Point Pedro
Answer: (a) Kankesanthurai
9. which one of the following countries announced a visa category named new Tier 1(exceptional talent) for India and Non-EU countries.
Answer: (a) Britain
Preparing Current Affairs for Competitive Exams now made easy by our Jagran Josh Current Affairs Section. .