Quizzes on the India Current Affairs section are designed to cover the wide range of national issues and other informations related to India from different segments which are of general human interest. Taking the India Current Affairs Quiz for April 2011 will update you on the latest incidents that occured in India. The quizzes on India Current Affairs will equip you to take all competitive examinations as well.
1. The Election Commission announced on 28 November that by-elections to Rajya Sabha seats in 2 states would be held on 22 December 2011. Which are the two states where the by-elections are to be held?
a. Assam and Arunachal Pradesh
b. Nagaland and Arunachal Pradesh
c. Orissa and Bihar
d. Assam and Bihar
2. Eminent Assamese litterateur and Jnanpith award winner, Indira Goswami, popularly known as Mamoni Raisom Goswami passed away in Guwahati on 29 November 2011. Which of the following facts regarding her is/are not true?
1. Goswami who was an expert in Ramayani studies, published her first collection of short stories Chinaki Morom at the age of 20.
2. She won the Sahitya Akademi Award for her powerful novel Dasarathir Khoj in 1982
3. She was India's first Principal Prince Claus Laureate.
4. Dr. Goswami in 2004 mediated between the Centre and the ULFA and succeeded in convincing both the government and the ULFA to come forward for negotiations
a. 1 & 2
b. Only 2
c. Only 3
d. 3 & 4
3. Social activist who was chosen for the Basava award for the year 2010 for excellence in service in the social sector by the Karnataka State Government?
a. C.R. Neelakandan
b. Reetika Khera
c. Medha Patkar
d. Aruna Roy
4. Which one of the following governments launched Kishori scheme for adolescent girls?
a) Delhi State government
b) Haryana state government
c) Bihar state government
d) Orissa state government
Answer: (a) Delhi State Government
5. Which one of the state governments gave Kahtedari rights to its farmers occupying the custodian land in Alwar, Sriganganagar, Bharatpur and Hanumangarh.?
d) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: (a) Rajasthan
6. The Delhi Assembly on 1 December 2011 passed the Delhi Municipal Corporation, MCD (Amendment) Bill -2011 to trifurcate the Civic body with voice vote. The MCD came into existence on__.
a) 7 April 1958
b) 5 April 1950
c) 10 March 1960
d) 2 November 1990
Answer: (a) 7 April 1958
Preparing Current Affairs for Competitive Exams now made easy by our Jagran Josh Current Affairs Section. .