India Current Affairs Quiz/Questions-Answers November 2012, 26 November-2 December
By solving the India Current Affairs Quizzes you will be able to have an idea about the happenings, awards and decision of different authorities like TRAI.
By solving the India Current Affairs Quizzes you will be able to have an idea about the happenings, awards and decision of different authorities like TRAI. This will also help you in being analytical and decisive in answering to the queries that may be asked in exams of different levels and types.
1. The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) on 5 November 2012 issued a cap of 100 SMSs per day at concession rate. It also fixed a rate of 50 paise per SMS beyond the decided cap. The body has also placed limitation on the unregistered telemarketers for sending the SMSs, what is the limitation for these telemarketers put forward by the body.
a) 200 SMSs per hour
b) 200 SMSs per day
c) 200 SMSs per quarter
d) 10 SMSs per minute
Answer. (a) 200 SMSs per hour
2. Which of the statements mentioned below about Akash Tablets is False?
a) The tablet will include NCERT content, GNU Khata- an accounting package for barefoot accountants in rural areas
b) It will include Daisy Books for differently-abled students
c) Scholarship Portal integrated with Aadhar would also be a part of this tablet
d) One million teachers training programme with a live video interaction with participants from across the world
i. Statement i, ii, iii and four all are false
ii. Statement i is false
iii. Statement iv is false
iv. None of these statements are false
Answer. (iii) One million teachers training programme with a live video interaction with participants from across the world
3. Name the person who won the prestigious Kyoto Prize in Kyoto in November 2012.
a) The famous economist and Nobel Prize winner Amratya Sen
b) Astronomer Jan Hendrik Oort
c) Renowned literary critic and educator Gayatri Chakravorty Spivak
d) Japanese cell biologist Yoshinori Ohsumi
Answer. (c) Renowned literary critic and educator Gayatri Chakravorty Spivak
4. Name the person who won WISE Award 2012. Wise Award is also known as a Nobel Prize for Education.
a) Dr. Madhav Chavan of Charity- Pratham
b) Anand Kumar of Super-30
c) Cecilia D’Oliveira– For MIT OpenCourseWare (USA)
d) Mhammed Abbad Andaloussi - School-Business Partnerships
Answer. (a) Dr. Madhav Chavan of Charity- Pratham
5. A rare 76 carat diamond named after the Austrian owner Archduke Joseph August was auctioned in November 2012 at a record price of Euros16.9 million or approximately 118 crore rupees at the auction, which was held at Geneva. Name the place from where it was mined?
a) From the mines of erstwhile Jahria Kingdom
b) From the mines Raniganj Coalfield
c) From the mines Singareni collieries in Khammam district
d) From the mines of erstwhile Golconda Kingdom
Answer. (d) From the mines of erstwhile Golconda Kingdom