Quizzes on the India Current Affairs section are designed to cover the wide range of national issues and other informations related to India from different segments which are of general human interest. Taking the India Current Affairs Quiz for October 2011 will update you on the latest incidents that occured in India. The quizzes on India Current Affairs will equip you to take all competitive examinations as well.
1. A fresh offering on the lives of 20 great personalities titled Of a Certain Age: Twenty Life Sketches penned by former West Bengal governor was released by Penguin Books India in New Delhi on 26 September 2011. Name the writer.
a. M.K. Narayanan
b. Gopalkrishna Gandhi
c. Akhlaqur Rahman Kidwai
d. Saiyid Nurul Hasan
2. Shaurya, was test-fired from Chandipur-on-sea off the Orissa coast on 24 September 2011. Which of the following facts about the missile is/are not true?
1. Shaurya is a nuclear-capable surface-to-surface medium range missile.
2. Land version of the underwater-launched missile K-15, it is 10 metre in length and about half-a-metre in width. It uses solid fuel that gives it a longer service-life and shorter launch time compared to the missiles which use liquid fuel.
3. The high maneuverability of the missile makes it less vulnerable to available anti-missile defence systems.
4. The last test of Shaurya was conducted in 10 November 2005.
a. Only 1
b. Only 4
c. 2 & 3
d. 1 & 2
3. Surface to surface strategic PRITHVI (P-II) Missile developed by DRDO was successfully flight tested at on 26 September 2011. Which of the following facts about the missile are not true?
1. PRITHVI (P-II) Missile developed by DRDO was successfully flight tested from Launch Complex-III, ITR, Chandipur, Balasore District in Orissa & the launch operations were carried out by the Armed Forces.
2. PRITHVI-II is the first indigenous surface to surface strategic Missile.
3. The surface-to-surface missile has a range of 350km and can carry a warhead weighing up to 500kg.
4. It is capable of hitting targets at ranges of 530 kms.
a. Only 4
b. 1 & 3
c. Only 3
d. Only 2
4. Uttar Pradesh government announced the creation of three more districts. What is the total number of districts in the state now?
Answer: (a) 75
5. National Commission for Safai Karamcharis presented its __Annual report to Government on 28 September 2011.
Answer: (a) 10th
Preparing Current Affairs for Competitive Exams now made easy by our Jagran Josh Current Affairs Section. .