India Current Affairs Quiz/Questions-Answers October 2012, 19 November-25 November
The National Pharmaceutical Pricing Policy (NPPA) was declared in this week to help common man afford the medications in form of essential drugs.
The National Pharmaceutical Pricing Policy (NPPA) was declared in this week to help common man afford the medications in form of essential drugs. Many more such events also occurred within the week and we have tried to make the best compilation of all the important issues to make sure that you can have an adequate idea about the happenings that impact the nation and common man to succeed in different competitive exams and entrance tests, like IAS|PCS, Banking, SSC, MBA and more.
1. The Government of India in 2012-2013 budget appointed a committee on finalization of guidelines for GAAR - General Anti-Avoidance Rules to find out ways for preventing tax evasion after for undertaking the consultations of stakeholders. Name the person who headed the commission?
a) Shri N. Rangachary
b) Dr. Parthasarsthi Shome
c) Dr. Ajay Shah
d) Sunil Gupta
Answer. (b) Dr. Parthasarsthi Shome
2. The Union Cabinet of India in November 2012 passed the National Pharmaceutical Pricing Policy (NPPA). As per the new pricing policy declared by the Union Government, what is the number of essential drugs that would come under price control policy of the nation?
Answer. (a) 348
3. The Ministry of Defence in India inaugurated a coastal chain of static sensors positioned along the coast of a state in November 2012. The event also signified the operationalisation of the network on the East coast. Name the state-where these coastal chains of static sensors were inaugurated?
c) Tamil Nadu
d) Andhra Pradesh
Answer. (d) Andhra Pradesh
4. The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) is an independent regulator of the telecommunications business in India. It came into existence by the Act of the Parliament and the act was named as?
a) Telecom Regulatory Authority of India Act 2000
b) Telecom Regulatory Authority of India Act 1997
c) Telecom Regulatory Authority of India Act 1994
d) Telecom Regulatory Authority of India Act 1999
Answer. (b) Telecom Regulatory Authority of India Act 1997
5. Which of the following statement/statements is/are true in relation to the Low Cost Aakash Tablet 2?
i. The tablet was launched by President of India, Pranab Mukherjee
ii. It was launched in the month of October 2012 at Delhi University
iii. The processor of the tablet would run with 1 GHz, 512 MB Ram, 7 Inch Capacitative Touch Screen and battery
iv. The tablet would be first provided to Engineering and Medical Students in Kerela
a) Only I is true
b) Only i and iii are true
c) Only ii and iii are true
d) All the four statements i, ii, iii, and iv are true
Answer. (b) Only i and iii