Quizzes on the India Current Affairs section are designed to cover the wide range of national issues and other informations related to India from different segments which are of general human interest. Taking the India Current Affairs Quiz for September 2011 will update you on the latest incidents that occured in India. The quizzes on India Current Affairs will equip you to take all competitive examinations as well.
1. Who was appointed the sixth Chief Minister of Uttarakhand replacing Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank who resigned on 11 September 2011 ahead of the state elections scheduled in 2012?
a. BC Khanduri
b. Narayan Dutt Tiwari
c. Bhagat Singh Koshiyari
d. Nityanand Swami
2. Which of the following institutes bagged the FICCI Excellence Award on 8 September 2011 for their contribution to the healthcare industry by innovating for increased efficiency and improved performance of health care at large?
a. Chacha Nehru Bal Chikitsalaya (Delhi)
b. Gandhi Nagar District Hospital (Gujarat)
c. Maulana Azad Institute of Dental Sciences (Delhi)
d. Ernakulam District Hospital (Kerala)
3. According to the figures given by the Tourism Ministry, what record number of foreign tourist arrived during August 2011 compared to 3.82 lakh during August 2010 and 3.70 lakh in August 2009?
a. 4.2 lakh
b. 4.5 lakh
c. 5 lakh
d. 5.1 lakh
4. Rajasthan government on 12 September 2011 launched Janani Shishu Suraksha Yojana in all the 33 districts. The UPA Chairperson Sonia Gandhi inaugurated the Janani Sishu Suraksha Yojana in Mewat district of Haryana on___.
a) 1 June 2011
b) 3 June 2011
c) 2 September 2011
d) 6 August 2011
Answer: (a) 1 June 2011
5. Which one of the following ministries launched a scheme providing for the training of drivers under Hunar Se Rozgar Initiative.
a) The Ministry of Tourism
b) The Ministry of Coal
c) The Ministry of Home
d) The Ministry of Finance
Answer: (a) The Ministry of Tourism
6. The Supreme Court of India held that farmers, whose land is being acquired by the government, should be compensated not only for their land but also for the plantation on it. The Supreme Court while doing so set aside the order of the___.
a) Bombay High Court
b) Calcutta High Court
c) Madras High Court
d) Patna High Court
Answer: (a) Bombay High Court
Preparing Current Affairs for Competitive Exams now made easy by our Jagran Josh Current Affairs Section. .