Quizzes on the India Current Affairs section are designed to cover the wide range of national issues and other informations related to India from different segments which are of general human interest. Taking the India Current Affairs Quiz for September 2011 will update you on the latest incidents that occured in India. The quizzes on India Current Affairs will equip you to take all competitive examinations as well.
1. Which one of the following became the first Indian state to launch health insurance policy covering all its people?
Answer: (a) Goa
2. West Bengal state cabinet approved the newly drafted land acquisition and resettlement bill. Consider the following features of the bill.
i) The private enterprises would have to acquire land for their projects directly from the landowners.
ii) The new policy provides that the government would acquire land only for projects of public utility like building, hospitals, irrigation projects, bridges, laying railway tracks, setting up of embankments, and projects relating to internal security.
Choose the right option:
a) Both i and ii are correct
b) Only i is correct
c) Only ii is correct
d) Neither i nor ii is correct
Answer: (a) Both i and ii are correct
3. Which one of the following state governments announced free housing for Schedule Caste living in jhuggis under the Rajiv Ratna Yojana?
b) Tamil Nadu
d) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: (a) Delhi
4. He was a veteran musician, musicologist and revered guru . He was known for popularising Carnatic music during his stint in All India Radio as chief producer . He died on 18 September 2011. identify him.
a. T.N. Seshagopalan
b. Semmangudi Srinivasa Iyer
c. Patnam Subramanya Iyer
d. T.K. Govinda Rao
5. A hexagonal Ayaka pillar with a square pedestal was unearthed by the Department of Archaeology of Andhra Pradesh on a mound in Munjuluru village in which of the following districts of the state in mid September 2011?
a. Krishna District
b. Nellore District
c. Guntur District
d. Nizamabad District
6. 44th Jnanpith Award for 2008 was presented to renowned Urdu poet Professor Akhlaq Mohammad Khan Shahryar for his distinguished contribution in enriching Indian literature. He received the Sahitya Academy Award in 1987 for which of the following?
b. Khwab ka Dar Band Hai
c. Kahin Kuchh Kam Hai
d. Hijr ke mausam
7. Former Indian cricket captain Mansur Ali Khan Pataudi nicknamed Tiger Pataudi died in New Delhi on 22 September 2011. Which of the following facts about him is/are not true?
1. Tiger Pataudi made his debut on 13 December 1961 in the test match against England played in New Delhi.
2. On 23 March 1962 he lead India in his fourth Test, in Barbados and thus at 21 he became Test cricket's youngest captain.
3. He played his final Test, scoring 9 in each innings against Australia in Mumbai on 23 January 1977.
4. Pataudi scored 2793 runs at an average of 35 and made six centuries, the biggest of which was an unbeaten 203 against England in Delhi in 1964.
a. 1 & 4
b. Only 2
c. Only 3
d. 2 & 4
Preparing Current Affairs for Competitive Exams now made easy by our Jagran Josh Current Affairs Section. .