India Current Affairs Quiz/Questions-Answers September 2012, September 10-September 16
India Current Affairs Quiz September 2012 is comprised of the questions related to some of the most important developments over the past one week
India Current Affairs Quiz September 2012 is comprised of the questions related to some of the most important developments over the past one week. It is related to different event that happened in different states of India and the issues of national importance. The India Current Affairs Quiz will prove to be particularly helpful for the aspirants of various competitive exams like those preparing for MBA, PO, Civil services, SSC and many more.
1. Name the person who on 13 September 2012 was appointed as the 39th chief justice of India
(a) Justice Altamas Kabir
(b) Justice A.K. Sikri
(c) Rajeev Gupta
(d) Justice Mohit Shantilal Shah
Answer: (a) Justice Altamas Kabir
2. Which person was appointed as the president of, The Indian Newspaper Society for the year 2012-2013 on 13 September 2012 during the 73rd annual meet of the Newspaper Society?
(a) K.N. Tilak Kumar
(b) Ravindra Kumar
(c) Ashish Bagga
(d) Pradeep Gupta
Answer: (a) K.N. Tilak Kumar
3. On which date Vayalar Ravi, Minister of Overseas Indian Affairs inaugurated the 7th Heads of Indian Missions (HoMs) conference and announced revised Indian Community Welfare Fund (ICWF) scheme.
(a) 15 September 2012
(b) 16 September 2012
(c) 17 September 2012
(d) 20 September 2012
Answer: (c) 17 September 2012
4. The Supreme Court of India on 14 September 2012 lifted the gag order on media reporting of troop movement that was ordered by one of the High Court. HC order was in violation of the fundamental right under Article 19(1) (a) of the Constitution, granted to the media and every citizen of the country. The order came from which of the high court?
(a) Allahabad High court
(b) Calcutta high court
(c) Karnataka high court
(d) Madras high court
Answer: (a) Allahabad High court
5. The Union government hiked Dearness Allowance (DA) by what percent benefiting its 80 lakh employees and pensioners and costing the exchequer an additional Rs7,408 crore annually?
(a) 4 percent
(b) 8 percent
(c) 7 percent
(d) 6 percent
Answer: (c) 7 percent
Preparing Current Affairs for Competitive Exams now made easy by our Jagran Josh Current Affairs Section. .