India's geography is a fascinating subject, encompassing its vast size, strategic location, and diverse physical features. In this article, we delve into Chapter 1: India: Size and Location from the Class 9 Geography book "Contemporary India." Test your knowledge and discover interesting facts about India's position in the world, its borders, and key geographical landmarks. Take a journey through these multiple-choice questions to gain a deeper understanding of India's size and location.
15 MCQs for Ch - 1: India - Size and Location
1. India is located in which continent?
d) North America
2. Which two countries share the longest border with India?
a) China and Nepal
b) Pakistan and Afghanistan
c) Bangladesh and Bhutan
d) China and Pakistan
3. India is the ____ largest country in the world by land area.
4. The southernmost point of the Indian mainland is:
c) Cape Comorin
5. India is divided into how many major physical divisions?
6. The Tropic of Cancer passes through which Indian states?
a) Rajasthan, Gujarat, and Mizoram
b) Rajasthan, Maharashtra, and Assam
c) Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, and West Bengal
d) Uttar Pradesh, Gujarat, and Arunachal Pradesh
7. Which Indian state has the longest coastline?
b) Tamil Nadu
c) Andhra Pradesh
8. The Indian Standard Time is ahead of Greenwich Mean Time by how many hours?
a) 4 hrs 45 mins
b) 5 hrs 30 mins
c) 6 hrs 15 mins
d) 7 hrs
9. The total land border of India is approximately:
a) 15,200 kilometers
b) 7,500 kilometers
c) 9,000 kilometers
d) 11,000 kilometers
10. The Palk Strait lies between India and:
a) Sri Lanka
11. The northernmost point of India is in:
a) Jammu and Kashmir
d) Himachal Pradesh
12. Which river forms the boundary between India and Nepal?
b) Sharda River
13. The easternmost longitude of India is:
a) 97° 25' E
b) 82° 30' E
c) 68° 7' E
d) 77° 6' E
14. The Indian Ocean lies to the _______ of India.
15. Which of the following countries share the shortest border with India?
The correct answers for the questions are as follows:
1. a) Asia
2. d) China and Pakistan
3. c) seventh
4. a) Kanyakumari
5. b) 6
6. a) Rajasthan, Gujarat, and Mizoram
7. d) Gujarat
8. b) 5 hrs 30 mins
9. c) 15,200 kilometers
10. a) Sri Lanka
11. a) Jammu and Kashmir
12. b) Sharda River
13. a) 97°256' E
14. d) south
15. d) Afghanistan
Congratulations on completing the quiz on India's size and location! We hope you found this exploration of India's geography insightful and engaging. The diverse physical divisions, long borders, and strategic position of India make it a unique and captivating country. By understanding its geography, we gain a deeper appreciation for India's rich heritage and the factors that shape its culture and development. Keep exploring and expanding your knowledge of the world around you!
Also Read - Decoding the Enigma: Can you guess the state?