India This Week saw a number of appointments such as, The Election Commission of India notified the date for the 14th Presidential election and Union Minister of New and Renewable Energy, Dr. Farooq Abdullah mentioned that India is committed to increasing the share of renewable power in the electricity mix to 15 per cent by the year 2020. The India This Week is a sneak peek into the major Indian news that took place over the year.
11 June 2012
• The Election Commission of India on 11 June 2012 notified the date for the 14th Presidential election.
• India’s Batting great Sachin Tendulkar was conferred upon the Wisden India Outstanding Achievement award for completing a century of 100 international hundreds, in Dubai on 11 June 2012.
12 June 2012
• Nokia launched Pure view 808 Smart phone on 12 June 2012 for India at a price of 33899 rupees in Delhi.
• Assam government on 12 June 2012 released the vision document for the state’s women and children.
• The World Bank in its report named Global Economic Prospects released on 12 June 2012
13 June 2012
• During April - May, 2012 Coal India Ltd.(CIL) registered a growth of 5.6% in coal production.
14 June 2012
• As per the export-import data released by the Commerce Ministry on 14 June 2012, India's export dropped by 4.16 per cent at 25.68 billion dollar in May 2012.
• As part of the Child Survival Call to Action Forum co-convened by the Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare, Sh. Ghulam Nabi Azad along with Ms. Hillary Clinton, US Secretary of State, in the US, the participating countries pledged to recommit themselves to child survival.
16 June 2012
• Union Minister of New and Renewable Energy, Dr. Farooq Abdullah mentioned that India is committed to increasing the share of renewable power in the electricity mix to 15 per cent by the year 2020
17 June 2012
• Sequoia, the US super computer, was crowned the fastest computer in the world on 17 June 2012.
Preparing Current Affairs for Competitive Exams now made easy by our Jagran Josh Current Affairs Section. .