This week, 13 August-19 August 2012, saw various important, news such as, Pune Police arrest 11 persons for attacks on the North-East students, Karnataka government initiates measures to build confidence among people from North East, living in the state etc. India this week helps the student to understand the happenings in and around the country, for a better grasp of current affairs happening in India for the week refer to this category in Jagran Josh.
13 August 2012
• 30th Olympic Games conclude in London; India finishes with a record haul of six medals.
• Abu Jundal, Key Handler of 26/11 Mumbai terror attack makes confessional statement before a magistrate
14 August 2012
• Pune Police arrest 11 persons for attacks on the North-East students
15 August 2012
• In his Independence Day address, Dr. Manmohan Singh, stresses on efforts to bring transparency and accountability to end corruption
• Announces new schemes for skill development for jobs, urban housing and improved health services
16 August 2012
• About 10 terrorists storm Pakistan Air Force base at Kamra in Punjab province in an early morning attack; gun battle with security forces continues
• Prime Minister asks Karnataka Chief Minster to ensure safety of students from the North-East
17 August 2012
• Karnataka government initiates measures to build confidence among people from North East, living in the state
18 August 2012
• Government bans bulk SMS and MMS for 15 days throughout the country to check spread of rumours; Six arrested in Karnataka for sending threatening text messages to people from the North-East
19 August 2012
• Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore, the silver medallist of Athens Olympics 2004, was named the head of the 15-member committee, set up to select the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Awardee and Arjun Award winners. Aslam Sher Khan, the former hockey team skipper, was named the head of the 15-member committee that will select the Dronacharya Awardees
Preparing Current Affairs for Competitive Exams now made easy by our Jagran Josh Current Affairs Section. .