This week, 16 July-22 July 2012, saw various important, news such as Defence Ministry rejects Maharashtra state judicial panel's ruling that the Adarsh Housing Society land belongs to the state, Counting of votes on in the Presidential poll; UPA Candidate Pranab Mukherjee gets support of 527 MPs and Opposition's P.A. Sangma 206. India this week enables students to take a short analysis understanding the current affairs happening in India for the week.
16 July 2012
• NDA announces Jaswant Singh as its Vice Presidential candidate
• Inflation declines to 7.25 per cent in June as prices of manufactured items ease; No relief in prices of vegetables, wheat and pulses.
17 July 2012
• Civil nuclear cooperation and bilateral trade likely to be the focus of Indo-Russian talks beginning in New Delhi today.
• Vast areas of Jalpaigudi district flooded following heavy rain in North Bengal.
18 July 2012
• Trinamool Congress decides to support Pranab Mukherjee in the Presidential polls; UPA candidate Hamid Ansari to file nomination papers today for Vice Presidential elections.
• Centre tells Supreme Court that Foreign investment in the country will be affected if auction is made the only route for allocation of natural resources.
19 July 2012
• Prime Minister reviews the foodgrains stock situation in the wake of deficient monsoon.
• Defence Ministry rejects Maharashtra state judicial panel's ruling that the Adarsh Housing Society land belongs to the state.
20 July 2012
• The Government to set up a Project Clearance Board for speedy one time clearances of oil and gas projects.
• The Department of Telecom extends deadline till 30th July for submission of bids to manage the spectrum auction.
21 July 2012
• Sugarcane price raised to 170 rupees a quintal for crop season 2012-13
• Centre announces 27 percent reservation to Other Backward Classes in allotment of dealership of Petrol Pumps
22 July 2012
• Centre to provide skill-development training to one member of each family completing 100 man days under MGNREGA.
• Counting of votes on in the Presidential poll; UPA Candidate Pranab Mukherjee gets support of 527 MPs and Opposition's P.A. Sangma 206; Fifteen votes declared invalid
Preparing Current Affairs for Competitive Exams now made easy by our Jagran Josh Current Affairs Section. .