You can read compilation of all the important topics and events of the week. Update your Current Affairs Weekly with our India This Week.
2 April 2012
• Jammu & Kashmir High Court Chief Justice F. M. Ibrahim Kalifulla was sworn in as Supreme Court judge.
3 April 2012
• Reserve Bank of India (RBI) released 'Quarterly Statistics on Deposits and Credit of Scheduled Commercial Banks, September 2011.
• RBI directed banks to submit a monthly statement informing the central bank about the quantity of gold imported and mode of payment adopted.
4 April 2012
• Indian Navy formally inducted the nuclear-powered submarine ‘INS Chakra’ into its fleet.
• UAE Ministry of Labour & India’s Ministry of Overseas Indian Affairs signed a protocol to streamline the admission of Indian contract workers by way of an electronic contract registration & validation system.
5 April 2012
• Jharkhand High Court directed election Commission to seek CBI probe into Jharkhand poll issue.
6 April 2012
• According to the United Nation’s report, India will witness largest increase in urban population in the next four decades.
7 April 2012
• First Spices Park in Rajasthan for processing of seed spices like cumin, coriander and fennel commissioned.
8 April 2012
• Spice Board of India, the nodal organization of Ministry of Commerce, Govt. of India decided to establish 10 spice parks across the most strategic locations in the country by end of 2012 to promote exports of spices from India.
Preparing Current Affairs for Competitive Exams now made easy by our Jagran Josh Current Affairs Section. .