A compilation of all the important topics and events of the week is given here. Update your Current Affairs Weekly with our India This week.
• Indian government appointed Girish Chandra Chaturvedi as petroleum secretary and shifted incumbent S Sundareshan to the ministry of heavy industries.
• Stock Holding Corporation of India (SHCIL) announced the appointment of Ashok Motwani as its new Managing Director and CEO.
• ISRO unveiled India’s fastest supercomputer, SAGA-220.
• The Annual Monetary Policy for 2011-12 was presented by RBI Governor D.Subbarao
• RBI hiked the key rate at which banks draw liquidity from it by 50 basis points thereby moving the repo rate up to 7.25 per cent.
• Supreme Court upheld on 3 May 2011 the civil aviation ministry's 2008 order that kept the civil aviation requirements (CAR) in abeyance and revived the 1992 circular.
• The Postal Department launched Service Discharge Benefit Scheme for Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDS) to provide post-retirement financial security.
• Delhi High Court issued contempt notice to nine office-bearers of the Indian Commercial Pilots’ Association (ICPA).
• Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister, Dorjee Khandu’s body found amidst Pawan Hans wreckage at 15,000ft near Luguthang, 60 km from Tawang town.
• Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda approved an outlay of Rs.1,255 crore for upgradation of water supply and sewerage works in the State.
• Environment Ministry issued revised draft guidelines for determining critical wildlife habitats as required by the Scheduled Tribes and Other Forest Dwellers Act, 2006.
• Supreme Court reserved verdict on the petition for a direction to the Chhattisgarh government to disband and disarm Special Police Officers as well as set up a mechanism for relief and rehabilitation of victims of violence in the State.
• Supreme Court set up a team to survey and demarcates 99 iron ore mines in Bellary-Hospet region of Karnataka.
• Air India pilots called off their 10-day-old strike after Government agreed to reinstate sacked and suspended pilots.
• Himachal Pradesh government introduces single window system to grant permission to film & TV serial makers to shoot in the region.
• Maheshwar Hydro-electric power project on Narmada river in Madhya Pradesh cleared by Indian Union Ministry of Environment and Forests.
• The annual plan for Andhra Pradesh for the year 2011-12 was finalized at Rs 43000 crores.
• Representatives of the government and civil society of Lokpal panel agree on basic principles for the proposed legislation on anti-corruption.
• Haryana government notified its new Stage Carriage Scheme.
• Legal Aid clinic inaugurated in Mewat village in Haryana.
• Indian government decided to institute a prestigious international award in the name of Rabindranth Tagore to recognise contribution towards the promotion of international brotherhood.
• Minister for Environment and Forests Jairam Ramesh declared that the Union government approved two more tiger reserves in Karnataka.
Preparing Current Affairs for Competitive Exams now made easy by our Jagran Josh Current Affairs Section. .