You can read compilation of all the important topics and events of the week. Update your Current Affairs Weekly with our India This Week.
• Rajasthan coached by R R Jadeja won its second consecutive Ranji Trophy title by defeating Tamil Nadu at the MA Chidambaram stadium
• Senior congress leader and former Deputy Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh C. Jagannatha Rao died of a heart attack in Secunderabad
• Sukumar Azhikode, award-winning Malayalam writer, scholar and one of the most influential Gandhian intellectual in Kerala died
• CCEA gave final approval to Vedanta Resources's acquisition of a majority stake in Cairn India
• RBI cut the cash reserve ratio (CRR) by 50 basis points from 6 per cent to 5.5 per cent with effect from 28 January 2012
• The Padma awards for the year 2012 were announced on the eve of India’s 63rd Republic Day
• Kerala governor and former Puducherry chief minister and MP, M O H Farook died in Chennai
• President of India Pratibha Devisingh Patil conferred the Ashoka Chakra on Lt. Navdeep Singh (posthumous) on the occasion of the 63rd Republic Day 2012
• Expert Committee under the Chairmanship of Dr. C. Rangarajan, Chairman Economic Advisory Council to the Prime Minister constituted to examine issues relating to the sugar sector
• SEBI decided to enhance the minimum investment amount per client managed by portfolio managers to Rs.25 lakh from Rs.5 lakh
• A Amalraj won his maiden national title by defeating A Sharath Kamal in the final of the 73rd Senior National and Inter-State Table Tennis Championships in Lucknow
Preparing Current Affairs for Competitive Exams now made easy by our Jagran Josh Current Affairs Section. .