This week, 23 July-29 July 2012, saw various important, news such as, Pranab Mukherjee wins Presidential election with huge margin, DIndian activist Kulandei Francis among six winners of this year's Ramon Magsaysay Award. India this week enables students to take a short education trip understanding the current affairs happening in India for the week.
23 July 2012
• Pranab Mukherjee wins Presidential election with huge margin; Says that he will justify the responsibility entrusted to him
• Night curfew imposed in Kokrajhar and Chirang districts of Assam; Death toll in violence rises to 16
24 July 2012
• Prime Minister Manmohan Singh directs ministries to co-ordinate with states to deal with deficient monsoon situation
25 July 2012
• The Government tells Supreme Court it cannot restrict itself to auction route only in allocating natural resources
• More than 140 Maoists surrender before authorities in Khammam district of Andhra Pradesh
26 July 2012
• Delhi High Court bars sacked CWG Organising Committee Chairman Suresh Kalmadi from attending opening ceremony of London Olympics
• DIndian activist Kulandei Francis among six winners of this year's Ramon Magsaysay Award
27 July 2012
• Various State governments and corporate bodies support Centre's stand that all natural resources cannot be allocated through auction only
• Situation remains calm in the three violence hit districts of Assam; Prime Minister to visit Kokrajhar tomorrow to take stock of the situation
28 July 2012
• The Supreme Court of India on 28 July 2012 quashed the acquisition of land of two industrial units in Dehradun by the Uttar Pradesh government in 1986 on grounds of urgency.
29 July 2012
• India successfully conducts user trial of Brahmos supersonic cruise missile from Chandipur, off Odisha coast.
• Rural Development Minister Jairam Ramesh says, a skill-based placement programme to be launched in worst affected Naxal districts of the country.Introduction
Preparing Current Affairs for Competitive Exams now made easy by our Jagran Josh Current Affairs Section. .